Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Safe/Legitimate Resource for Nude Models - LF Project

Safe/Legitimate Resource for Nude Models - LF Project

I have a LF project in mind which will require perhaps several professional models for fine art color and B&W work. Mostly outdoor environment.

Suggestions welcome.

It must be a safe and legitimate resource.

Nicholas O. Lindan

Re: Safe/Legitimate Resource for Nude Models - LF Project

Contact a modeling agency.

The low budget sleaze route is to hang around the theater department at the local university and see what you can recruit.
    Darkroom Automation / Cleveland Engineering Design, LLC
    f-Stop Timers & Enlarging meters http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Contact a local university art department. Explain your project. Let them contact their models to see if anyone is interested.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Model Mayhem is NOT a professional resource. Its more like Craigslist for amateurs looking for work as models.

I agree with Paul about Model Mayhem.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt View Post
    Contact a local university art department. Explain your project. Let them contact their models to see if anyone is interested.
    Agree 100%... When I taught at a University's Art School, students would ask me about photographing models, and I would advise them to do exactly what you recommended. Worked out just fine in every case. A few students put up (personal) ads on the bulletin boards, and were confronted by an administration that did not tolerate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Agree 100%... When I taught at a University's Art School, students would ask me about photographing models, and I would advise them to do exactly what you recommended. Worked out just fine in every case. A few students put up (personal) ads on the bulletin boards, and were confronted by an administration that did not tolerate that.
    Try the photo department, too.

I wouldn't necessarily write off modelling sites. They are a bit like buying on ebay. You have to do your research, but busy, professional independent models will be there and are usually on instagram too. Look for references, who they have worked with, and their visibility across social media and the good ones will stand out a mile. Always be very careful to check their skin hasn't been over edited, that's the one major pitfall in the post photoshop era.

In the UK we have a site called Purpleport which uses a reference system and will tell you how quickly models reply to messages. You can search for people with a minimum number of references and by size/genre, so it is easy to filter out the amateurs and wannabes. I don't know if it is popular enough in the US to be of any use. Model mayhem is effectively dead in the UK.

When I search for models online I make sure they have plenty of references, I'm strict about age/vital statistics and usually stick to models with paid memberships to the site who have been active recently. You can do all those things with a site like model mayhem and it will help filter out the dross. Then see if they are active on social media. It is just about possible to make it productive but it can be more difficult depending on where you live. Good models will have well-written in depth profile pages with extensive portfolios.
    Last edited by Tobias Key; 27-Jan-2022 at 06:25. Reason: Things to add.

A range of good suggestions, thank you all.

Having spent much time in the art department of my university taking a 2nd major in Art History, noteworthy were the number of mostly attractive types throwing pots, creating lithographs, and taking art history classes.

My project will require a diversity of cultures and features however, and my only requirements will be a willingess to assist in completing it, and my preference for lithe body forms.

I will post when completed, assuming I live that long .

Best to all.

Where are you located? I know of at least one model in the SF/Santa Cruz area, she may be able to put you in touch with others.