Hello everyone! Got a Linhof Master Technica last year, with a 150mm 5.6 (Rodenstock Sironar-N). Though I learned the basics of LF years ago (on a monorail), I am getting back into it now. Consider myself a newbie with LF and certainly with developing film myself, though not with photography as such.
Got a couple of Qs on the Linhof:
1. Someone told me that the camera works better with a cam in it, even if it is not cut (and you thus don't use the rangefinder, but the GG). Do you agree (and why would that be?)? I have a cam for a 150mm but it is not cut for my lens (yet, may get it cut later on, when I have the other lens I plan to get in the short term, a 210 or 240 mm (for portraits), and can send both at the same time). And if the answer is yes, would it then also be better have this cam inserted, meant for a 150 mm, if I use another lens for which I do not have a cam, rather than then not having a cam at all?
2. A Q if there by chance is someone on this forum living in the Netherlands: can you recommend someone in NL that can cut a Linhof cam?
3. I have the possibility get a Rodenstock Grandagon 80 mm, 5.6 for little - any views on the use of this on the Linhof M T (for land/cityscapes)?
Greetings,