Thread: Need an electrical plan of the power board of howtek 4500 scanner

Need an electrical plan of the power board of howtek 4500 scanner

hello to all, the power board of my scanner has been damaged. The technician would need a plan of the electronic circuits. I am in France and it is very complicated to send the scanner to the USA for repair. If anyone could send me a wiring diagram that would be great!

Re: Need an electrical plan of the power board of howtek 4500 scanner

Call Aztek and talk to them. IDK if they would be willing to send you the schematic (Aztek makes the Howtek scanners and have all the documentation for them), but they will almost certainly offer to repair a board or sell you a new board. No one knows more about Howtek drum scanners than Aztek.

Bruce Watson

Assuming you are not referring to say, a water leak or cat invasion, and that the PS died on its own, the first thing to do is to replace the capacitors. Just as with most common PS faults they will be the first to go. Cheap enough to find out and usually a very simple repair. Just match the specs from ones you remove and pay attention to the polarity when replacing them. If you see any caps bulging or swollen, be glad, this may well solve your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Watson View Post
    Call Aztek and talk to them. IDK if they would be willing to send you the schematic (Aztek makes the Howtek scanners and have all the documentation for them), but they will almost certainly offer to repair a board or sell you a new board. No one knows more about Howtek drum scanners than Aztek.
    Thank you Bruce. I sent an email and i am waiting for their answer. If i succed to repare my scanner, it's all profit to them. They can continue to sell spare parts for mounting station etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Moore View Post
    Assuming you are not referring to say, a water leak or cat invasion, and that the PS died on its own, the first thing to do is to replace the capacitors. Just as with most common PS faults they will be the first to go. Cheap enough to find out and usually a very simple repair. Just match the specs from ones you remove and pay attention to the polarity when replacing them. If you see any caps bulging or swollen, be glad, this may well solve your problem.
    Thank you Daniel for your reply and suggestions. Here are two links to the damaged components:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WOX...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pBA...ew?usp=sharing