Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Still Life 2022

Re: Still Life 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Merg Ross View Post
    Attachment 232748

Baco Head, 2022
    Bacos are my favorite heads. Wonderful image of this one.

Attachment 233272

Postal Scale & Shadow, 2022
    Another interesting image of a once common implement.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noel View Post
    Bacos are my favorite heads. Wonderful image of this one.
    Thanks Jim. I agree, terrific heads; I used the Baco Junior with 4x5. This one was given to me by Brett Weston when I was eighteen and starting with the 8x10.

There is a story: After photographing from his truck platform in Mexico during the 1950's, Brett drove off neglecting to stow the tripod. The Ries survived the fall fine, however the Baco was in three pieces. Brett found a skilled welder in the wilds of Mexico who put it back into one piece, ground it flat, and Brett was on his way again. After returning to California he purchased a new Baco and gave me this old one. It has been my companion for sixty-five years.

5x7 PlusX 2402 Aero D23 5x7 Norma 500mm Tele Xenar by Nokton48, on Flickr

Kodak Aerographic Five Inch Plus-X cut seven inches, to fit a 5x7 Lisco Holder. 5x7 Sinar Norma with my newly CLA'ed Schneider 500mm Tele Xenar at F22. Hasselblad 40mm Distagon Yellow Filter jammed inside the lenshood, it fits! D23 1:1 8x10 Unidrum on Uniroller. 5x7 Contact Print on Arista #2 RC Dektol 1:2 The Tele-Xenar is quite sharp up front as you can see. I'm liking this film for 5x7, but I can also cut it to 4x5 or even 9x12cm. Like the tonality you get with the Aerial emulsion. Thirty five cents a shot for beautiful 5x7; I just got a 350 foot roll

Tim Kelly Inspired portrait lighting; Broncolor Balloon 90 degrees left, lighting the entire set. Main light Broncolor C171 Monolight Pulsoflex Softbox, one stop brighter than the fill, 45 left to the set. Just out of camera shot 45 right, is a foamcore freestanding panel for passive fill. Finally, the creme on the sundae, is Broncolor C70 Monolight with Snoot and Handmade Grid cut from an olde Broncolor Honeycomb. Selectively lighting a small portion of the background. Just because I want to

SONY DSC by Nokton48, on Flickr
    Last edited by Daniel Unkefer; 5-Dec-2022 at 08:29.
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

There is a story: After photographing from his truck platform in Mexico during the 1950's, Brett drove off neglecting to stow the tripod. The Ries survived the fall fine, however the Baco was in three pieces. Brett found a skilled welder in the wilds of Mexico who put it back into one piece, ground it flat, and Brett was on his way again. After returning to California he purchased a new Baco and gave me this old one. It has been my companion for sixty-five years.

Thanks Jim. I agree, terrific heads; I used the Baco Junior with 4x5. This one was given to me by Brett Weston when I was eighteen and starting with the 8x10.

Cole gave me mine when I was visiting years ago. It was still ne and wrapped in newspaper inside a box.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1-jpg277-001.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	233419

Scale, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Unkefer View Post
    5x7 PlusX 2402 Aero D23 5x7 Norma 500mm Tele Xenar by Nokton48, on Flickr

Kodak Aerographic Five Inch Plus-X cut seven inches, to fit a 5x7 Lisco Holder. 5x7 Sinar Norma with my newly CLA'ed Schneider 500mm Tele Xenar at F22. Hasselblad 40mm Distagon Yellow Filter jammed inside the lenshood, it fits! D23 1:1 8x10 Unidrum on Uniroller. 5x7 Contact Print on Arista #2 RC Dektol 1:2 The Tele-Xenar is quite sharp up front as you can see. I'm liking this film for 5x7, but I can also cut it to 4x5 or even 9x12cm. Like the tonality you get with the Aerial emulsion. Thirty five cents a shot for beautiful 5x7; I just got a 350 foot roll

Tim Kelly Inspired portrait lighting; Broncolor Balloon 90 degrees left, lighting the entire set. Main light Broncolor C171 Monolight Pulsoflex Softbox, one stop brighter than the fill, 45 left to the set. Just out of camera shot 45 right, is a foamcore freestanding panel for passive fill. Finally, the creme on the sundae, is Broncolor C70 Monolight with Snoot and Handmade Grid cut from an olde Broncolor Honeycomb. Selectively lighting a small portion of the background. Just because I want to

Great work, Daniel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Calwell View Post
    Great work, Daniel.
    Thanks Ben!

Here's the negative. I have two more sheets to develop, going to try HC-110 "H", as I found that in some olde LFF archives, as working well with the 2402 Aero. Mucho fun ahead

Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

Scott Davis

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Teakettles405.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	233576

Two tea kettles, on 8x10 (long expired and poorly stored) Fomapan 200. Shot with the Kodak 405 Portrait lens I'm pretty sure wide open, at most f/6.3, more likely f/5.6. Since the negatives were in poor condition to begin with, I took an Xacto knife to one side and a sharpie to the other. This was the very first experiment in the concept.