Thread: The Garnier Collection in San Diego

The Garnier Collection in San Diego

If you happen to be able to visit, the San Diego Museum of Art in Balboa Park has a very nice show of the Garnier Collection. An overview of sorts of 20th Century photography, with mostly single images from many iconic photographers. It's up until February 21. https://www.sdmart.org/exhibition/ma...er-collection/

Re: The Garnier Collection in San Diego

Quote Originally Posted by Pieter View Post
    If you happen to be able to visit, the San Diego Museum of Art in Balboa Park has a very nice show of the Garnier Collection. An overview of sorts of 20th Century photography, with mostly single images from many iconic photographers. It's up until February 21. https://www.sdmart.org/exhibition/ma...er-collection/
    Thanks for posting this, I'll have to get over there and check it out. I haven't been to a photo exhibition in 2 years, on account of Covid, and I sure do miss it. I used to live down the street from SFMOMA, had a membership, and would go at least once a week. That in addition to Pier 24, 871 Fine Art (Books), and Fraenkel Gallery are what I miss most about SF.

Not to detract from the purpose of your post but to advocate for the importance and value of the photographic object.

Thank you, we will check it out this weekend.
    visit my Website : www.raniedib.com

Went to see it this morning. Not bad at all. I was very impressed by some contact prints from Karl Struss and Brett Weston. Of course Ansel Adam's Moon Rise was quite impressive as well.

Cam Garner, the collector of all work on the wall, mounts a huge print of his digital work among the Masters of film.