Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pentax 67 fisheye on a 4x5 Sinar

Re: Pentax 67 fisheye on a 4x5 Sinar

OK I want to join the club. I will have some contributions up ahead. The 30mm Arsat and the 180mm f2.8 CZJ Sonnar are the reasons most enter the P6/Kiev systems.

Kingswood Gardens Hassy 30mm Distagon Fisheye 1 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Frog Pond, Kingswood Gardens, Mansfield Ohio. Kodak 70mm Surveillance Film, ADOX Borax MQ dev, Hasselblad 500C/M 30mm T* Distagon, Handheld exposure. Arista #2 8x10 Matte RC paper, Multigrade dev. Processed in 70mm Kindermann Dev Tank. Kodak Surveillance reminds me a lot of the older Tri-X emulsion. The sun was just out of the frame upper left corner. The circular garden works well with the Hassy Fishy lens. This was a fun shoot!

clown2 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Pentacon Six hot rodded to EX66 by Pentacon Dresden and Rolf Dieter Baier. 30mm Arsat wide open HP5+. Terror and Holy Terror. Can you tell they both had braces? LOL
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

Kingswood Gardens...

Both sets of my grandparents lived in Mansfield (Euclid Ave. and Shepard Rd.) - and when we'd visit them way back when I was five, six years old (late 1950's forward) my Poppy and I loved to visit Kingswood (or Kingwood?) Gardens. My favorite part of this was the peacocks (are they still there?). I have an old photo someplace - a Kingswood peacock I'd taken on Kodachrome back around 1968 or so (with my Miranda-F), full frontal spread peacock fan...placed this slide in the negative carrier of my Federal enlarger to get a negative print. Very exciting result for my then fourteen year old self!

I miss my Poppy...we were best buddies! He and I would go cruising...real slow and smooth in his sky blue Ford Galaxie 500 - he was so proud of that car!

Hey John,

Yep the peacocks are still there! But they were behind some fences, they are adding some new parts of the park not yet open to the public.

My Wife and I went there twice last year in the Summer (it was HOT I remember), and we plan to go again this upcoming Spring, when the flowers there are blooming! .

It's a lovely place to photograph and just enjoy the day.

― Mark Twain

30 Dist 4x5 Norma Monocular Viewer by Nokton48, on Flickr

30mm Zeiss T* Distagon grafted to Norma Flat Board. No room for a shutter between the standards, Norma Standards may be made to touch, can confirm that. So front lenscap shutter stopped down to optimum stop. You see the entire image circle 180+ around including the lenshood fins intruding, which I think looks kind of cool. Easily focuses from infinity to super close. It will be interesting to see what goes on with this. Will work good for very long exposures. Fun Ahead.

― Mark Twain

Just curious, can you add filters to the rear of the 30mm?

If you could add ND filters to the rear, long exposures would be easier.

Quote Originally Posted by xkaes View Post
    Just curious, can you add filters to the rear of the 30mm?

If you could add ND filters to the rear, long exposures would be easier.
    You only add them inside the lens.

I have clear, red, yellow, and more, so a gel ND can be cut down and added before attaching it to the back of the lens. A filter in the back is part of the optical design and mandatory.

The 30mm Arsat Fishy works the same way; with the Arsat I would prolly cut off the fins to get a full circular image on the 4x5 film; It fills nearly the entire screen, it's impressive

― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Unkefer View Post
    I have clear, red, yellow, and more, so a gel ND can be cut down and added before attaching it to the back of the lens. A filter in the back is part of the optical design and mandatory.

The 30mm Arsat Fishy works the same way; with the Arsat I would prolly cut off the fins to get a full circular image on the 4x5 film; It fills nearly the entire screen, it's impressive
    Read this from Zeiss.

https://www.zeiss.com/content/dam/co...on-3530-en.pdf

Thanks Bob!

30 Dist Hasselblad Rear Mount K2 Filter by Nokton48, on Flickr

The Norma board shown is a real early one, has clips to directly clip 4x5 Bellows for shading.

Hasselblad offered their rear mount as a "Blank" so any Hasselblad lens can be mounted onto any enlarger, camera, or whatever? An obscure accessory for sure found in a parts box for cheap. I'll wager the 40mm Distagon looks good through this? Like a Superwide 500 body, but with full perspective control! And 4x5/9x12 sheet film. On longer focal lengths hopefully the Norma Shutter will fit between the standards. Norma shutter holds 4x4cm ND gels no prob Or their Norma glass discs

Hasselblad Blank Rear Mount from rear Norma Board by Nokton48, on Flickr

Back side of Sinar Norma board, custom fitted with Hasselblad Rear Mount with click mount release. A tight fit to this old board I have been waiting to utilize. So any Hasselblad mount lens can be used on the Normas​

Need to clip off the long brass hobby bolts with dremel cutting wheel, and dab on black flat Krylon to kill any reflections, and she's done.

― Mark Twain

Be easy enough to mount the 30mm Arsat Kiev Arsenal lens. Available cheap cheap and comparable to the Distagon in actual use. Just as long as you get a good one, Heh Heh. You would need some kind of P6 rear mount to pull that one off

― Mark Twain