Thread: L. de Pulligny - C.Puyo - Objectifs d'Artiste

L. de Pulligny - C.Puyo - Objectifs d'Artiste

I went through some threads here in the LFF about these lenses. Somebody posted a link to a very comprehensive digital book about them located in the CNUM library, edited by the Photo Club de Paris in 1906. It happens that I found one with far better quality (50 versus 9 Mb) and would like to share it here for those interested. There are some pictures in it and it is worthwhile to get the larger one. It is in BnF Gallica. I am considering to buy an anachromatique because I want to try out chromatic aberration with my dry plates. I was a bit annoyed by the idea of having to calculate lens shift after focusing, but it comes with an incorporated scale for that purpose. I might be interesting. If someone has any comments or recent experience with those, please, share.
    Link: https://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bp...=bpt6k1091147q

Re: L. de Pulligny - C.Puyo - Objectifs d'Artiste

There's been a link to the book at http://cnum.cnam.fr/CGI/redire.cgi?8KE464 in "the list" for some time. Still, bringing it up again can only help.

Yes, thank you, what I was trying to say is that there is another download option with better quality than this one. New Link: https://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bp...=bpt6k1091147q

Quote Originally Posted by lungovw View Post
    Yes, thank you, what I was trying to say is that there is another download option with better quality than this one. New Link: https://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bp...=bpt6k1091147q
    Hi. The point you were making about the BnF Gallica version was clear in your first post. I agree that it's better quality, although I suppose that some people may like the white background of the CNUM version even though the crispness of the text and illustrations suffers.

There is at least one member here (based in the USA) who has the original booklet, so if there is a page which is missing or badly scanned, he/she might be able to help!
    There is an awful lot of mathematics in the tome and images that are very “turn of the Century” taste - and, of course, in French!

If you are proceeding with getting hold of an anachromatique, there are many different makers/purveyors (other than Darlot) after 1905. They are all of the same quality of Darlot’s, based of those I have seen and held.
    Apart from Darlot “Lookalikes”, many good makers (including Derogy and Duplouich) made they own (simplified) optical versions of the Portrait and Landscape designs.

Thanks Steven, maybe I will get a Darlot sample. There is a 40cm focal length available over here in S Paulo. The problem is that the seller is not able to give a clear description, or even send me photos, so I have to find a way to go there and see it by myself. If I manage to buy it, I will post some pictures here.

Check if the engraving says “….Trousse….” . If it does, then there should a total of 4 lenses to be complete! If there are just 2 mounted, then check if the lens cells aren’t marked “T” or other symbol - the 2 standard lenses are plain.

The 40cm (sometimes more around 38cm) is the 18x24 format size. The 13x18 version is slightly less common.

Good luck!