Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Hi

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    46

    Hi

    Hi,

    I'm new here and started my journey into large format about 6 months ago. I currently use a Horseman 45FA, but started with a Speed Graphic and Crown.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Purcellville, VA
    Posts
    1,320

    Re: Hi

    Welcome! You found the right place to be. We'd love to know more about you and your journey, interests, and are looking forward to seeing some of your work.
    Philip Ulanowsky

    Sine scientia ars nihil est. (Without science/knowledge, art is nothing.)
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/156933346@N07/

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    46

    Re: Hi

    Quote Originally Posted by Ulophot View Post
    Welcome! You found the right place to be. We'd love to know more about you and your journey, interests, and are looking forward to seeing some of your work.
    Thank you. I'm retired from the US Army and went to school for Fine Art. I started out on digital and then woke up one day and want to do 4x5 film. It has been the best. The community is so supported. I do mainly portraits, but film has open me up to capture everything. Currently live in Victorville, Ca.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo.
    Posts
    3,050

    Re: Hi

    Welcome to the forum. You will learn a lot here and make some new friends as well. We are glad to have you!

  5. #5
    Tin Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    18,967

    Re: Hi

    Welcome!

    Many Vets here

    I am not

  6. #6
    jim_jm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    112

    Re: Hi

    Welcome! Thanks for your service!
    Since you're in Victorville, you're close to some of my favorite areas for LF landscapes like Death Valley and the Eastern Sierras.
    Some of the old high-desert towns like Randsburg have a lot of photo opportunities too.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    46

    Re: Hi

    Quote Originally Posted by jim_jm View Post
    Welcome! Thanks for your service!
    Since you're in Victorville, you're close to some of my favorite areas for LF landscapes like Death Valley and the Eastern Sierras.
    Some of the old high-desert towns like Randsburg have a lot of photo opportunities too.

    Thank you everyone,

    Yes, I went to Randsburg when I first started out. I'm hoping to travel north more on 395 and go to Death Valley soon since it isn't that hot right now.

  8. #8
    おせわに なります! Andrew O'Neill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Coquitlam, BC, Canada, eh!
    Posts
    4,811

    Re: Hi

    Welcome!

  9. #9
    Les
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ex-Seattlelite living in PNW
    Posts
    1,191

    Re: Hi

    Welcome. You've got some neat Joshua trees near you or poppys growing on the hills soon.

    Les
    Les

    On occasion I noticed there is real life outside the GG/viewfinder.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    46

    Re: Hi

    Quote Originally Posted by Leszek Vogt View Post
    Welcome. You've got some neat Joshua trees near you or poppys growing on the hills soon.

    Les
    Yeah, I can wait till the poppy bloom. With all the rain this year it shoud have a good turn out.

    John

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •