Thread: Wisner 11x14 Question

Wisner 11x14 Question

With the unending lockdowns for the past two years from where I live it's been quite difficult to get help overseas to get my Wisner 11x14 restored.

Alas, after a few months I was able to successfully dismantle my camera, get the woodwork restored and finished to my liking, including the cleanup of all hardware and gold plating. Some roll pin/lockpins went missing in the process but those can easily be replaced from the local hardware.

Doing this for the first time, I missed out on a tiny detail with my camera's rear rise (where I forgot to document the movement prior to dismantling), I can't seem to recall which screw would fasten to the thin gears. Can anybody help?

Sharing images of the remaining parts for the rise. The screw featured here has the additional hardware to affix itself on the sliding mechanism, however, the screw thread doesn't fit any of the gears.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 7fb10b6aaba3d90b59d8e2a5220b5e17.jpg  

Re: Wisner 11x14 Question

Top part get screwed to the body of the camera.
    Second part slides in the part screwed fast to the body. The right hand hole goes to the bottom of the camera. It gets a 3 /16 shaft thru both sides.
    The T screw goes into the slot on the body.
    The knobs screw on to the t screw.
    They may have to be re- taped. 6 -32
    Richard T Ritter
    www.lg4mat.net

Re: Wisner 11x14 Question

Thanks Richard, appreciate it.

I was thinking the replating caused the threads to tighten up.

Given that there are two knobs on each side of the frame, which groove/provision on the body does the T screw go to? The singular hole or the longer hole?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk