Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gaoersi 617 camera: any experiences?

Gaoersi 617 camera: any experiences?

Anyone handled or bought or used this newish 617 camera?

the producer's site (I think)

interesting bellows version (via expired ebay listing)

photo-i review

The bellows attachment is pretty interesting, the format switching (6x12, 6x15, 6x17) is less so, at least to me. I thought I heard that Fotoman is playing with the idea of the bellows attachment on their 4x5 Point/Shoot.

David,

I too am interested in any findings on this camera. Very cool looking camera.

Rich

David... at Fotoman we ARE currently working on poducing a bellows adapter for ALL of our camera models. The adapter will offer rise/fall/tilt and swing on the front standard. Still in the prototyping stage, delivery is expected around mid-summer.

Greetings,

I have the Gaoersi 6x24, which is the same as their 6x17 only a bit longer. I have put about 100 -150 rolls of 120 through mine since the beginning of the year and love it. I have hand held it at 1/15 of a second, but usually use it at 1/30 - 1/125 range.

The wonderful thing about this camera is that it can be handheld. I made a "standard tilt" adapter for the lens which increases depth of field considerably.

It's a completely manual camera: you have to remeber to remove the lens cap, and set the focus, which I've forgotten to do a few times. Advancing the film is by viewing the makings on the back of the roll of film through the viewing window on the back of the camera.

It's a really nice camera and for the price worth ervery penny. I got mine from eBay seller THKPhoto, whom I can recommend highly. I'm using an older 150mm lens which wouldn't focus at infinity and the seller sent me an extension ring at no charge and was very helpful.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards, Pete

Re: Gaoersi 617 camera: any experiences?

I've had the Gaoersi 617 for about 5 months and it is excellent!! It's incredibly basic, the back doesn't hinge but lifts off, and film advance is by turning a wheel(no lever) but if you can live with that and the fact it won't take 220 film, it's a bargain. The build quality is really good and the 90mm viewfinder is pretty accurate. I have no regrets in buying this camera and hope to use it for many years.

I actually thought the homepage was here. They show a 4x5 and 8x10 model there. Judging by the MagnaChrom review, I would expect one of these cameras to have a few rough edges.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
    A G Studio

Exclamation Re: Gaoersi 617 camera: any experiences?

Do any gaoersi 6x17 owners, use a 72mm f5.6XL lens, on their camera....i have been told that you have to use the 75mm lens adapter, for thr 72mm XL lens...but before i decide to obtain a 75mm lens adapter, i was interested in finding out if anyone is already useing this 75mm adapter....and if they are....is focusing on infinity...relatively easy....or have encoutered any other problems....the lens of course i am refering to is the XL Super Angulon.

Rergards Tedward.

Hello Pete.
    Yes. i also like my 6x17 gaoersi panorama. I am now taking five (6x15) full size negatives, they still look a panorama, and my five exposures vertually fill up the whole 120 film.....have you measured your negatives yet (anyone)....You will find that the 6x17 negative setting is in fact (6x16)....and the 6x15 negative setting is in fact (6x14) and the 6x16 negative setting....is just over the 6x12 setting....So i have set my format knob ,,,,to the last number...on 615.....number five.....this will give you a true 6x15 negative......Very interested in your standered tilt adapter....what must i have to do, in order to make one of these tilt adapters....Thank you....regards Tedward

Attached is an image of my 6x24 with the "standard front tilt" adapter that I made. It's simply a small piece of PVC pipe cut a angle on chop saw. This was done as a test, with the intention of having a machinis make a more precise part, but it worked so well that I never bothered to take it any further.

Regards, Pete

O.K. sorry, I can't type, but you get the drift.

Regards, Pete