Thread: LPL masking attachment

LPL masking attachment

I have an LPL4550 enlarger and have been scouting around for the masking attachment for quite some time with no luck. This past week I came across one for the Omega D5 that looks, feels, smells and tastes just like the LPL, except instead of tabs for mounting it, it has small thumbscrews. Does anyone know if this can be used on the LPL?
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

Re: LPL masking attachment

In case anyone is interested...I went ahead and bid on that Omega masking attachment. It does NOT fit the LPL, however it slides into my Beseler 45MX like it was made for it. So I'll use it...just not on the enlarger I thought it would fit. You Beseler 45 owners who want a masking attachment have another option.
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

Re: LPL masking attachment

On a similar point....
    I use a DURST Ce1000 4x5 enlarger. I have never liked the OEM DURST negative holders. The top and the bottoms of them are aligned with two pins in the bottom of the carrier fitting into two holes in the top of the carrier. I much prefer to use back hinged carriers over DURST's loose fitting "Pin registration". The DURST holders are centered using two half-moons of metal centering the negative carrier into the flat plate on top of the bellows. Unfortunately each of the two half moons is spot welded in four places to the bottom of the OEM negative carriers and are not easily removed from my spare DURST carriers. I had a collection of several carriers that were made for other brand 4x5 enlargers, especially some back hinged glass carriers that I really wanted to use. Ideally attaching two half moon shaped pieces of 2mm metal to the bottom of the non OEM carriers would be the way to go, but hand fabricating the two metal half moons would be a very tedious job. Instead I cut the half moons from a sheet of 3mm thick plastic. These I attached to the bottoms on my non DURST carriers with a very thin layer of JB KwikWeld cured/dried under weighs - 100+ pounds of them overnight. I've been using these carriers for going on 3 years now without a problem, and the plastic half moons have hardly worn, if at all.