Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watch "How was it made? Wet Collodion

Re: Watch "How was it made? Wet Collodion

Quote Originally Posted by r.e. View Post
    Dimbola Lodge, now a centre for [Julia Margaret] Cameron's work, was Cameron's home.
    The 1:03 mark of Tin Can's video was shot inside Dimbola Lodge, as I imagine all of the video was. Dimbola is in Freshwater on the west coast of Wight, not far from Alfred Lord Tennyson's home. In the screen capture below, that's the English Channel in the background.

Dimbola Lodge

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dimbola Lodge.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	222575

Seems V&A has many very nice Video teases, not tutorial

Search youtube and complain

How was it made? Calotypes | V&A

Perhaps we need to step up OUR game

multiplex

Quote Originally Posted by r.e. View Post
    Thanks.

Given some of the posts above, it might be helpful to know why this video was made. It is not a YouTube "how-to-do-it" video.
    if it is really "how its made" this is what it is: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0835010/
    Not sure if it really their short film though ... it might just be something the VA-M produced in house to show people the joy of photography.
    I'm no expert at photography (or anything else for that matter ) and I figured the people producing the video weren't WP experts either, they were just over simplifying a complicated process,
    You know, ... like all those videos people make on that website that last for 2 minutes, they show some sort of exotic food recipe, and they leave out amounts of ingredients and how to actually *make* the dish..

Quote Originally Posted by jnantz View Post
    if it is really "how its made" this is what it is: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0835010/
    Not sure if it really their short film though ... it might just be something the VA-M produced in house to show people the joy of photography.
    As successful as How It's Made has been (the show started in 2001), I'm pretty sure that the Victoria & Albert didn't fly a crew from Montréal, where the show is based, to the Isle of Wight to make a 2:41 film about wet plate collodion As I understand it, the V&A produces its digital content in-house, directly and via freelancers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    Seems V&A has many very nice Video teases, not tutorial

Search youtube and complain

How was it made? Calotypes | V&A

Perhaps we need to step up OUR game
    U.K. calotype artist Rob Douglas, who does the demonstration in the video, has a website: Paper, Shadows and Light

This is the V&A page on Fox Talbot and the Calotype. There are actually two videos. Also a link to Fox Talbot's work in the V&A collection.