Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt View Post
Use 'camera neutral 2' instead of the Adobe standard profile.

You can use Wolf Faust's IT8 targets to make icc files....but Lightroom doesn't use ICC files. (Capture 1 does.)

Since you use Lightroom, it's not worth it.

You can photography a Macbeth target, and then scan the film. Use the HSL adjustments to get a good match. Save that as a profile.

All that said, what these types of things do is get you in the ball park. Conditions vary, and so the profile's usefulness will vary. Learn to get the results you want through editing. For example, you can have the slide on a good light box. Use adjustments to visually match the slide (if that's what you want.)
Thank you - yes, I was using the wrong term - I want to make a camera profile for Lightroom (#.dcp file), which I have done before with a ColorChecker Passport and Xrite software. I have not yet found a transparency version of one yet, whereas there are IT8 versions - hence my question.

I guess I could photograph a ColorChecker Passport on Provia myself, but before I do so I wanted to tap into the practical experience here to check if this is best way to get accurate colours from transparency.