Thread: ColorGetter 3Pro Drum Scanner Problem

ColorGetter 3Pro Drum Scanner Problem

Howdy folks! Long time reader, first time poster. I recently acquired a complete Optronics ColorGetter 3Pro drum scanner and I'm in the process of setting it up in it's new home. Everything is hooked up according to the user manual, I've installed all the necessary software onto the ancient Mac, and the ColorRight program is recognizing the scanner (thank god.)

Now here comes my problem. When I power up the scanner, everything seems fine. The ColorGetter 3Pro message appears on the screen and everything sounds normal. However, when I push any button on the control panel, nothing happens. When the green drum start button, the screen says "Spinning Up" but the drum doesn't spin. When the drum stop button is pressed, the screen says "Moving to Park" but obviously since it hasn't started, it doesn't need to stop. Finally, when I press the drum cover open button, it makes a loud beep, but alas, the drum cover does not unlock. Everything else seems fine, the fan and lamp start right up.

This is obviously quite frustrating to me because I got all the peripheral equipment and software up and running, but the scanner itself is giving me trouble. I'm hoping it's just user error and I don't have a 200 pound box of parts in my studio. If anyone on the forum is still using these machines, or have any knowledge on them and could share their insights with me that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!
    Justin

Re: ColorGetter 3Pro Drum Scanner Problem

Try here

https://scanhi-end.groups.io/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk