Name:	eurygonshot.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	125.4 KB 
ID:	222489

Re: Macro lens set

Stacked and sharpened?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Joe, the Tominon was part of the Polaroid MP-4 system, was intended for copy stand work and nothing else. No shade offered.
    Anyone interested is seeing some results from Tominon lenses (not mine) should check out:

https://yashica.boards.net/thread/15...scrollTo=10083

I did some medical some micro surgical instrument photos for a text book. The lens I used was a 120mm Macro-Nikkor AM-ED, just a phenomenal lens. Covers 4x5 at 1:1 mag. I beleive it was a newer version of the 120 for the Multiphot.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CANULA.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	245793

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Monego View Post
    I did some medical some micro surgical instrument photos for a text book. The lens I used was a 120mm Macro-Nikkor AM-ED, just a phenomenal lens. Covers 4x5 at 1:1 mag. I beleive it was a newer version of the 120 for the Multiphot.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CANULA.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	245793
    I have and use the 12cm Macro Nikkor that was developed for the Multiphot. This lens was optimized for flat field photography and magnifications from 1.2x - 4x. It is my understanding that the 120mm Macro-Nikkor AM-ED is not a newer version of the Multiphot lens but was optimized specifically for 1:1 photography. I doubt if you would be able to tell one optic from the other from 4x5 Chromes shot at 1:1.

I absolutely love my 150mm F9 Apo Ronars. So much so that own three of them. One on a Sinar Norma board, one on a Plaubel Makiflex board, and a third one (in original correct vintage Compur Shutter) as was offered in the Plaubel Junior line.

Digital Back Peco Jr 150mm F9 Apo Ronar by Nokton48, on Flickr

Plaubel Peco Junior 6.5x9cm view camera, with homemade Digital Back. Rodenstock 150mm F9 Apo Ronar at F11. A tiny GEM of a lens. Sony Nex C3 Body JBWelded to a Plaubel Peco Junior Lensboard with #00 hole, as a Poor Man's Digital Back. Works great and much fun, can max out camera movements with this. No need for Polaroid with this

SONY DSC by Nokton48, on Flickr

I just found this Yellow Filter and Lens Hood for the 150mm F9. Been wanting something for a while, this matchup is a perfect fit. I'm very pleased.
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I have and use the 12cm Macro Nikkor that was developed for the Multiphot. This lens was optimized for flat field photography and magnifications from 1.2x - 4x. It is my understanding that the 120mm Macro-Nikkor AM-ED is not a newer version of the Multiphot lens but was optimized specifically for 1:1 photography. I doubt if you would be able to tell one optic from the other from 4x5 Chromes shot at 1:1.
    From what I have read, the latest 120 was optimized for 1:1 - 5:1, though I generally used it at 1:1. I agree that it would be hard to tell images from either lens apart. From this series I had a 4x6 ft enlargement made, the folks who did it for me said it was one of the sharpest images they had ever enlarged.