Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replacement Bellows for 8x10 Sinar Norma

Replacement Bellows for 8x10 Sinar Norma

I just finished blocking the pinholes in my OEM Sinar Norma bellows. The bellows is now once again light tight, but because of its age, not sure for how long. Time to get a replacement bellows. I am looking for a bellows manufacturer in the USA that I can send the frames to. If possible also recommended first hand by someone who has had this recently done.
    thanks in advance.

Re: Replacement Bellows for 8x10 Sinar Norma

Theyre not in the USA, but if you can't find anyone here, Custom Bellows in the UK is easy to deal with and very reasonably priced. They did my Technikardan bellows during the lockdowns and were great to work with.

http://www.custombellows.co.uk/

Keith at Custom Bellows used to make the bellows for Sinar Norma back in the day I believe. They are really quick and shipping back and forth to the UK. They have made numerous original replacement bellows for me, as well as some custom sizes I have not seen anywhere else. They are simply great in my opinion.

Extra Long Sinar Norma Bellows 5x7 and 8x10 1 by Nokton48, on Flickr
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

There is Nabell in NC that make camera bellows, but I sense that they want all specifications up front for them to make (another) industrial product... But you can probably send them your old bellows and they can copy them...

But another vote here for Custom Bellows/UK, as they are very easy to deal with, great communications, fast turnover, and great bellows... And know what you mean if anything is to be made to your request... (I have a set of 8X10 bellows on the way, and very easy to communicate what I requested, and my last order for my Tek III bellows were in stock, and two short emails were all that was needed)... Very easy!!!

They will know exactly those bellows and maybe/probably have them in stock... You send them the frames, and they install them N/C... And they probably made the originals...

I have been in photo long enough to know even old line resources/materials/services can be here today/gone tomorrow, so support them while you can...

When you use the new ones, you will wish you ordered them long ago... ;-)

Steve K

Another very happy multiple user of Custom Bellows. It is an enormous advantage that they have years of experience with Sinar.

I seem to remember that Keith told me they still have the original Norma bellows production drawings from Sinar. Now I would like to see these!

― Mark Twain

Dynatect will make a bellows here in the US to the same specs as Nabel at a more favorable price. All synthetic, two layers with synthetic stiffeners, no cardboard, very thin and waterproof. Send them your old bellows to duplicate.

https://dynatect.com/

Thanks for the replies... You all convinced me to get a replacement bellows from Custom Bellows in the UK. Even though my vintage Norma bellows has seen better days, the frames are in amazingly really excellent condition. In thinking back since I acquired the 8x10 Norma some 30 or 40 years ago, the standard bellows was probably switched with a WA bellows maybe only a dozen times or so.

Recently I purchased the rear standard of an 8x10 Sinar Norma. Also the seller ( Very Nice Guy in France) offered me a very tatty 8x10 Norma bellows (frames restorable) for 20 British Pounds. I jumped on it, and then sent off the bellows to Keith at Custom Bellows. It's being shipped back and I'm waiting for it now. A while ago I had Keith make me an extra long 8x10 Norma Bellows, and I have another 8x10 Norma standard length in near perfect condition. Need this new one to finish off my second 8x10 Norma. Good to have standard length and extra long bellows too.

― Mark Twain

Custom Bellows just replaced a Sinar 8x10 bellows for me a few months ago. Excellent job, as usual with them. I wouldn't go to anyone else.