Thread: Durst Laborator 1200 + CLS 450; user's manual?

Durst Laborator 1200 + CLS 450; user's manual?

Good morning, gentlemen. As you may have guessed by the title, I recently had the opportunity to buy the BIG ONE. Seen my long experience with Durst, I thought that the thing would be a joke to operate, but instead it quite obviusly came in three boxes all disassembled in pieces and I'm having a hard time figuring out which goes with which. The fact that the seller got rid of everything he had in the house is making things worse, as I suspect many pieces are some sort of doubles and are probably a surplus of a previously owned Laborator 1000.

So, does perhaps anyone have a .pdf of the user's manuals? Both enlarger and head's ones would greatly help. Thanks a lot.

Just to chat - I'm impressed by the dimensions of the thing, by the pictures I figured it was just slightly bigger than 6x7s. Are 4x5'' enlargers all this big, or is this one oversized perhaps? If this is the standard, I guess this is my very last purchase. I'm actually already asking myself where I can fit this thing in the darkroom...

I got several manuals from Durst in Italy. go to their web site, punch in USA as location, and then
    go to manuals.

They get $30 each including shipping to the us, so be forewarned, but they have a manual for
    just about anything they have ever made.

Another option is to give Jensen Optics a call - look them up on the Internet. They sell new and used/refurbished Durst equipment and Mr. Jensen is very customer oriented. I am sure he has the manual(s) you are looking for - it'll cost you, I'm sure, but you'll at least have it!
    Juergen

Re: Durst Laborator 1200 + CLS 450; user's manual?

If you are APUG subscriber, send a PM to APUG's member jd-callow, he can send you a pdf copy. I got mine from him.
    Last edited by SVS Inc; 20-Aug-2008 at 06:31. Reason: hyperlink

Re: Durst Laborator 1200 + CLS 450; user's manual?

There are a number of Durst .pdf manuals available to download at this site: http://manuelsphoto.free.fr/