Thread: Cross Processing out dated Transparency and Negative in E6 and C41

Cross Processing out dated Transparency and Negative in E6 and C41

I am about to do a complete series of Women's Hats , using 8 x 10 trans in C41 and 4 x 5 colour neg in E6.

I am pretty confident with the trans to C41 method as its just basically at normal process using Jobo. But for the colour negative in E6 I remember doing this a lot for fashion photographers in the late 80's early 90's and
    I remember the most successful would be these wonderful soft positives. the trick if I can remember right is the push of the development- in some cases 3 stop push.

Going ahead with this over the holiday timeline will post some results in Jan but wondering if anyone has had any luck with particularly the colour neg in E6 method.

Re: Cross Processing out dated Transparency and Negative in E6 and C41

I've recently been looking into this same subject (after buying a few rolls of silberra color 160 on a lark, it has a very clear base and am curious how it might e6). What I see people recommending is a need to compensate 2-3 stops at some point in the process. So, you can either push in development or rate your film as slower.
    What I haven't found is much on how these two approaches change the final image, I would guess the pushing method may produce a more contrasty image with crunchier blacks.

Hope there are some experience based responses.
    Will be following this thread with interest.

I plan to bracket my first shoot with quite a few ranges of under exposure and push , I think you are right about this, I will also do one overexposed just to see, I can fit 10 sheets of 4 x 5 in my tanks so I will do two runs.. one at push 2 and one at push 3 1/2 to see which one I like , If interested I will put on a light box and post here for viewing.

If. I am right the image is quite soft in positive form with incredible cyan range of tones .( this is also dependent of the physical background and hat I use )

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post
    I plan to bracket my first shoot with quite a few ranges of under exposure and push , I think you are right about this, I will also do one overexposed just to see, I can fit 10 sheets of 4 x 5 in my tanks so I will do two runs.. one at push 2 and one at push 3 1/2 to see which one I like , If interested I will put on a light box and post here for viewing.

If. I am right the image is quite soft in positive form with incredible cyan range of tones .( this is also dependent of the physical background and hat I use )
    You probably are already thinking this, but you can do multiples exposures per sheet (4 easily, even 5) by sliding the dark slide.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi7475 View Post
    You probably are already thinking this, but you can do multiples exposures per sheet (4 easily, even 5) by sliding the dark slide.
    Good tip,