I haven't been on here for a long time. That in itself is a huge and long story.

But today I was reflecting on how important this forum was to me in the 90's and 00's.

I learnt so much from you all. You were all so helpful and supportive.

When I needed help you always came to the rescue.

Reflecting on that now, I don't find the same support in social media, and lament how wonderful my experience here was.

I have a huge draw of beautiful prints from print swaps we did. You started my collection of beautiful art. I have bought reference prints, but honestly I use yours more often to evaluate my own printing against. I pull many of them out to show different papers and inks when I teach. Having the details for each print is just such great reference material. My students just love seeing real photographs, and gush endlessly over them, just as I still do.

Large Format Photography was my life for many decades... And you my dear friends were so much apart of that journey.

I am indebted and so thankful for that support.

Since then I have become a full time photography teacher, become a regular contributor to 'Better Photography Magazine' and started my own journal of creative photography.

I have learnt that I am a monochromist, and am so much at home in that genre.

Most sadly I have sold most of my large format equipment, though I have kept a few beauties, and have a pile of 4 x 5 and 8 x 10 film in the fridge for projects I will return to one day.

I am so thankful for this forum and its members.

So I thought I would let you all know how I felt.