Thread: Kodak copy film 4125?

Kodak copy film 4125?

Recently acquired an unopened box of this Kodak 4125 and am looking for info on the film speed as i am not seeing anything on the box and also if anyone has any development times or info on this. Thanks

Re: Kodak copy film 4125?

There will be an information sheet inside the box...usually with obscure developers like D-11, D-19, DK-50...
    The should be info in an old copy of the Kodak Master Darkroom Guide.
    I'll look to see if I have an old info sheet laying around.

Edit: No info sheet, sorry.
    I have a partially-used box in my refrigerator, but can't open it until it gets dark outside tonight...doubtful there's an info sheet in there, though.

Check the Massive Development Chart online, under Obsolete and Discontinued Films.

You can use a safelight with a #2 filter.
    Last edited by Dugan; 6-Jul-2022 at 10:52. Reason: More cowbell

Oh...was that ever a nice film for making inter positives to enlarged negatives!

Anybody here have experience with the new Bergger equivalent?

You can find the data sheet here:

https://125px.com/docs/film/kodak/f17-Copy.pdf

Thanks, Oren!

I use it at ASA 25. Just got back from a backpacking trip with the 4x5 and 12 holders loaded with Copy Film 4125. I typically use Pyrocat HD, adjusting dilution, temp and time based on SBR. Still nailing that down.

Additional exposure will send the higher values towards the roof -- and development time will affect your shadows -- a very different film!
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Pro Copy 4125 was invented specifically to make copy negatives from B/W photographs. I must have used thousands of sheets in my photo lab days. It did its job well, but it was not easy to get the desired results; we had to do a lot of exposure/development tests to get it right. And that was with a big Robertson process camera and a well-controlled sink line. That was a long time ago, but I wouldn't want to go through it again. I find it interesting that Vaughn (and others) can get good results with 4125 in daylight, in 'normal' photographic conditions. Not something i'd ever dreamed of trying!