Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Show your 3D printed LF photography related thing

Show your 3D printed LF photography related thing

Just new to 3D printing. It's fun and actually works better than I though.

I've did a quick search and there seems to be a few of us that print stuff to help us with photography. Lensboards is the first thing that come to mind, but other possibilities are lens caps or step-up rings. Or more ambitious projects like whole cameras.

So perhaps we need a thread to post our stuff, to inspire and learn. I at least would find it interesting to see what others have done.
    So if you are up for it please post what you have done, perhaps with a picture or two.
    Lasse Thomasson | Instagram

Re: Show your 3D printed LF photography related thing

To set a good example I start with today's print.
    A 86mm adapter ring to my Cokin Z Pro filter holder.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7365.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	221780

The problem:
    I want to use the Cokin filter holder on my 75mm Super Angulon lens together with my center filter (and wider lenses). The front thread of the center filter is 86mm. The thing is that Cokin has no adapter ring for that dimension. It's either 82mm or 95mm. The 95mm is over-dimensioned and together with a step-up ring (to fit it to 86mm) it builds 12mm. Which leads to sever mechanical vignetting.

The solution:
    So I modelled an adapter ring with a 86mm thread in Fusion 360 and printed it with a FlashForge Creator Pro 2. I used black PLA with a 0,1 mm layer height. Good detail is needed to get the threads good.
    Some care is needed when mounting since the threads are plastic, but it works well and only builds a few millimeters. Mechanical vignetting is a thing of past days.

Name:	IMG_7367.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	221781

State of the Art, I bought last month. Very low sales from Norway

A better, copy of the TravelWide, here I had just switched my lens, finder, flash from one to the other

I posted more recently, it is far sturdier than injection molded, Tech advances, weight so close I didn't bother

Both cameras need more bottom weight

WillTravel 4x5 by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr

Wanderlust VS Will Travael by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    State of the Art, I bought last month. Very low sales from Norway

A better, copy of the TravelWide, here I had just switched my lens, finder, flash from one to the other

I posted more recently, it is far sturdier than injection molded, Tech advances, weight so close I didn't bother

Both cameras need more bottom weight

TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr
    Thanks. Very nice. I just downloaded the files. Will have a stab at it.

Looking forward to test this 4x10 reel for the Job 2500 tank that I printed today.

Name:	IMG_7372.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	221838

Found on Thingiverse Same guy that did the WillTravel camera in the previous post

Holds four 4x10, eight 4x5 or four 5x7.

On a different note, why are all my portrait pictures rotated to landscape when I upload?

Nobody knows why some images turn left 90

I run ALL images through Photoshop and save as new Jpg

Mine don't 90 then

A 3D printed project:

Making `film spools that adapt 120 films to 70mm film backs. The Singer/Graflex 6x7 magazines that fit Grfloc backs took 70mm spokeless film on a spool with different ends than 120 roll film cameras.

What about a redesign of the discontinued MIDO film holder system?
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

Since Tin Can and Lassethomas already have mentioned the WillTravel cameras (4x5, 5x7, 4x10 and 8x10) and the development spool, heres my Polaroid 110/120 and now 800 conversion if you have a 3d printer, happy to share the files, just send me a pm

Name:	103055A1-CE79-441F-A572-88B131BA484D.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	221872

I'm almost done tweaking my design for 300ml Jobo cylinders for my CPE. Mostly getting the volume gradations correct and some adjustments to get it to work well with PETG. The PLA test seems OK, but PLA is not a good choice for prolonged water immersion.

I need a couple of replacements, and I'd like the slightly larger volume option over the standard 270ml. FDM printing to hold liquids requires careful settings to ensure the layers bond. If I wanted just standard replacements I'd just buy them. The costs would be about the same (filament plus electricity for several hours per print and development costs).

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Patterson View Post
    I'm almost done tweaking my design for 300ml Jobo cylinders for my CPE. Mostly getting the volume gradations correct and some adjustments to get it to work well with PETG. The PLA test seems OK, but PLA is not a good choice for prolonged water immersion.

I need a couple of replacements, and I'd like the slightly larger volume option over the standard 270ml. FDM printing to hold liquids requires careful settings to ensure the layers bond. If I wanted just standard replacements I'd just buy them. The costs would be about the same (filament plus electricity for several hours per print and development costs).
    Sounds interesting. Got an old CPP2 on my own.
    If you are up for sharing get back when you are done tweaking.