Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Compur shutter questions

Re: Compur shutter questions

Well, after a 10-week wait the Compur II/5 to Copal 3 adaptor finally arrived from Custom Photo Tools in Portugal. There were some delays with shipping it due to the holiday season, but Jose from there was always responsive and informative in communication.

I am deeply impressed with its quality. I opted for the solid brass version (instead of aluminium) which is expertly machined. My Xenar 15cm f/3.5 screwed into its thread like butter. And the provided retaining ring does its job firmly mounting the lens to a board.

The weight of the brass almost doubles the weight of the outfit, but it is still not too heavy for my Toyo 45AII. Though if you are purchasing similar for a heavy lens I imagine the aluminium version would be better. I can not recommend Custom Photo Tools highly enough for anyone seeking a similar solution.

I am looking forward to taking it out for some portraits soon. Thanks to all who provided advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lovely! If weight is of concern it could be reduced by 30-40 % with a hack saw or a drill

What about cost? I have just received Copal 3 and 3S to 58mm from RAFCAMERA.COM at a reasonable price.

Sent fra min SM-G975F via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Oslolens View Post
    Lovely! If weight is of concern it could be reduced by 30-40 % with a hack saw or a drill

What about cost? I have just received Copal 3 and 3S to 58mm from RAFCAMERA.COM at a reasonable price.

Sent fra min SM-G975F via Tapatalk
    It cost me AUD 80 inclusive of shipping. Approx USD 57

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro