Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3d printing lens boards

Re: 3d printing lens boards

Simon Forster, who made this recent video, makes and sells lens caps, etc. Looks like he's also about to start selling lens boards. His web site is at https://simonforsterphotographic.co.uk

A short follow-up, A photo of my first printed lensboard. For my 4x5 Szabad camera.
    It feels ridgid enough for small to medium sized lenses, and is hopefully opaque. Sure looks that way
    I went with solid black PETG as a filament.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7360.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	85.1 KB 
ID:	221734Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7359.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	221735
    Lasse Thomasson | Instagram

Nice, looks like you could raise the nozzle a bit more to get rid of the bit of wave pattern on the bottom, but that’s just cosmetic and on the inside so the board will do well.

Always little tweaks to keep on top of, but a hell of a tool. I built a 350 mm Voron to further enable my in-house problem solving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nerologic View Post
    Nice, looks like you could raise the nozzle a bit more to get rid of the bit of wave pattern on the bottom, but that’s just cosmetic and on the inside so the board will do well.

Always little tweaks to keep on top of, but a hell of a tool. I built a 350 mm Voron to further enable my in-house problem solving.
    Thanks. will have a look at that. You mean calibrate the platform with a little bit more distance to the nozzle?

All this is new to me. But fun a sort of wonderful
    Lasse Thomasson | Instagram