Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monalog photography group looking for new members

Re: Monalog photography group looking for new members

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Samson View Post
    The Monalog Collective is a group of passionate fine art black and white photographers dedicated to the art and craft of traditional image making utilizing 19th and 20th century monochrome processes. All aspects of our craft are analog based, and we are promoting our passion for this approach through exhibitions, projects and regular gatherings to share our knowledge with each other.

We would like to expand our group to include members, 35 and under, to strengthen the diversity and creative thinking of the group. Including younger photographers who are committed to analog black and white photography will broaden the Collective’s perspective as we begin our new project “Visions of America” next year. If you are a young photographer that embraces light sensitive film, paper and chemistry to create your work, please consider contacting us for a portfolio review. Our membership of thirteen is spread throughout the United states from Washington to Maine and we welcome potential new members from across America. Please see our website: www.monalogcollective.com for more information.

I hope you get many young people! You welcome new members only from America? Lots of young photographers up here in Canada!

Good for you all

I think you wrote way too many words

Happy trails

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew O'Neill View Post
    I hope you get many young people! You welcome new members only from America? Lots of young photographers up here in Canada!
    People from all over are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noel View Post
    According to your invitation, i stopped being young 57 years ago. I beg to differ - age (young) is a state of mind.
    Good for you, young man!!! Let him know that we don't tolerate ageism on this site.
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

Are all Monalog overlords over 35?

35 is a good age, I was hanging out with 30+ from age 17 until 10 years ago, as they kicked me out!

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    Are all Monalog overlords over 35?

35 is a good age, I was hanging out with 30+ from age 17 until 10 years ago, as they kicked me out!
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Samson View Post
    We would like to expand our group to include members, 35 and under, to strengthen the diversity and creative thinking of the group.
    Damn, Vincent Van Gogh would have been too old to boost the diversity or creative thinking of your group when he died --probably even before his prime. Well, no real harm in your post, great artists like Vincent are usually outsiders anyway.

Still, you have one thing right: your little group could use more strength in creative thinking.

Foamer

"Diversity" is over rated. As for 35, I've almost been that twice. I think passion is more important than age and certainly more important than "diversity." As a b&w, dry plate, and wet plate photographer I do have passion.

Kent in SD
    In contento ed allegria
    Notte e di vogliam passar!