Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monalog photography group looking for new members

Monalog photography group looking for new members

The Monalog Collective is a group of passionate fine art black and white photographers dedicated to the art and craft of traditional image making utilizing 19th and 20th century monochrome processes. All aspects of our craft are analog based, and we are promoting our passion for this approach through exhibitions, projects and regular gatherings to share our knowledge with each other.

We would like to expand our group to include members, 35 and under, to strengthen the diversity and creative thinking of the group. Including younger photographers who are committed to analog black and white photography will broaden the Collective’s perspective as we begin our new project “Visions of America” next year. If you are a young photographer that embraces light sensitive film, paper and chemistry to create your work, please consider contacting us for a portfolio review. Our membership of thirteen is spread throughout the United states from Washington to Maine and we welcome potential new members from across America. Please see our website: www.monalogcollective.com for more information.

Re: Monalog photography group looking for new members

I'm not young or diverse.

According to your invitation, i stopped being young 57 years ago. I beg to differ - age (young) is a state of mind.

Don't quite understand how you're strengthening the diversity of your group by limiting it to photographers 35 and younger.

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

Quote Originally Posted by Alan9940 View Post
    Don't quite understand how you're strengthening the diversity of your group by limiting it to photographers 35 and younger.
    Maybe their "Vision of America" is "Diversity Through Exclusion"?
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

Quote Originally Posted by Alan9940 View Post
    Check out their website.

Adding a few people who are 35 or younger might bring the average age of the group down to about 65

Congratulations!
    Why $100 to join?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Wow, guys. We are just trying to offer younger photographers an opportunity. All of us old people are in the group myself included. Is it so bad to look for some younger photographers who may want to get involved? There are no egos in our group, just trying to pass along what we know to younger photographers who work like we do.

The $100.00 is a yearly dues to cover expenses. Web hosting, materials for show announcements etc. We have had two show already and several of the members have sold work including myself. If you are not serious we will pass on you. Just throwing it out there. If it is not your cup of tea, fine.

My sincere apologies to the group. I obviously misunderstood the wording of the original post.

Well, I prefer https://www.largeformatphotography.info and https://www.photrio.com.
    Great places here about silver based photography!
    Enjoy!