Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intellifaucet models and questions

Re: Intellifaucet models and questions

Flow rates. If you use one for a print washer, then you want one with the low flow option. I see that's now standard on the D250, which is likely the one that you want.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

http://www.hassmfg.com/

D250

I mounted the filters and valve on a board then the wall for easier relocation and repair

I moved it once, never needed a fix

Fully automatic operation
    Economical
    0.2 °F accuracy
    15 preset temperature settings
    Maintenance-free
    Flow rates from 1/4 to 5 GPM
    Five year warranty

Thanks. Yea, sounds like the D250 is what I want.

Does the Intellifaucet require source water temps 10 degrees cooler and hotter than the minimum and maximum desired temps like other thermostatic mixing valves?

Don't know

Ask Mr Hass

Quote Originally Posted by Fragomeni View Post

Does the Intellifaucet require source water temps 10 degrees cooler and hotter than the minimum and maximum desired temps like other thermostatic mixing valves?

Mine was clogged with minerals last time I moved and found the valves were pretty easy to disassemble and clean out. Worked perfectly afterwards. The teflon valve seats makes it a pretty durable machine.

No just slightly cooler and hotter than your set temperature. Also the K models are digital and can be set to any temperature.

I'm currently building out a darkroom and am interested in potentially installing an Intellifaucet. I have a few questions for those who have installed these and use them.

To keep the discussion on track, I'm aware that there are other thermostatic mixing valves offered at a wide range of prices, as well as all kinds of other water temperature management solutions. This is not a question about alternatives so please limit responses to the specifics of the Intellifaucet models only.

1. Which model do you use/ recommend and why did you choose it over the others? There are apparently 29 models (wow) so I need to narrow that down.

2. I'm only basically familiar with plumbing and am looking for something straight forward to hook up i.e. run lines from hot and cold hookups and thats it. Is this the case with the Intellifaucet? The installation diagrams are a little too abstract for me so is it as simple as connecting the hot and cold lines from the hookup?

3. I live in San Diego where it's fairly warm to hot most of the year. Does the Intellifaucet require source water temps 10 degrees cooler and hotter than the minimum and maximum desired temps like other thermostatic mixing valves?

4. Has it lasted you? Any problems? If so, how was customer support?

5. Anything else I should know?
    1 k250

2 look for intellifaucet installation (search)

3. No

4. Works great. Great customer support. Mine was made in 1996 and works as new

5.You may need a chiller for the hot months l. With city potable water I don’t need a filter.

10 years

Factory filters

May need a check valve on cold by law

Use his

I leave it always on

NO Problems
    Tin Can

When I installed my D250 I neglected to use non-return valves before the unit. Big mistake on a pressurised hot water system and before too long I had a flood in the darkroom. I'm not sure if this would apply if you have a gravity fed hot water system but it was certainly needed for my domestic plumbing to prevent the line with more pressure backing up into the other. I believe this is shown in the installation diagram.

D250 myself; amazing unit. The only problem I have is Summer cold water temps rising to about 75F at peak. Exploring a chiller, but they are very, very expensive.

I have both cold and hot water filters:

Hot: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cold: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

and placed shut-off valves before the filters that I close at the end of every darkroom session AFTER making sure to park the D250 in the OFF position.

I then open the spigots on my darkroom sink and drain the lines.

One important thing: be sure your house supply is in the proper pressure range. I found my supply was WAY over pressure and had to install a whole house pressure regulator on the incoming water line. Glad I did, it helps to extend the life of every appliance attached to the water system!
    Kino
    We never have time to do it right, but we always seem to have time to do it again...