Thread: International Exhibition of Photography in Lishui, China

International Exhibition of Photography in Lishui, China

A friend sent me today this short video produced for a current show in Lishui, China called "Reflections and Innovations: Contemporary Practices of Handcrafted Processes. I have been involved over the years with many of the photographers you see in the video, and have a few "cameo" appearances in the video. The exhibition coincides with announcement of a center at the University of Lishui dedicated to photography, with a large role for vintage historical processes.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CWXBRw7...um=share_sheet

Unlike most western countries China has virtually no history of photography in the 19th and early 20th centuries and most of the important developments of the medium have taken place in the digital age. This exhibition, and others of its type in China, are sponsored in an effort to connect the present trends with the past.

One of my pictures you can see in the video is a photograph of a boat in Quanzhou Port. This image capture was made in 2018 and I first made it as a muted color print that was printed in the Carbon Transfer Printing book as a vertical orientation image. The print shown in Lishui is virtually same as the attached image file, a carbon transfer monochrome print with a cool tone that reminds me of the actual color of the bay. Image capture was with a Fuji GFX 50R and the print was made with a continuous tone digital inkjet negative prepared with QTR. The print itself is about 17X22" (image size) and is single transfer on albumen+gelatin sized Arches Aquarelle.

Thanks for looking.

BTW, if the link does not load please copy and post it into any browser and it should work.

SandyAttachment 221401Attachment 221401
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Quanzhou-Bay copy.jpg  
    Last edited by sanking; 18-Nov-2021 at 20:04.
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

Re: International Exhibition of Photography in Lishui, China

Thanks, very enlightening.
    Principal Unix System Engineer, Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems

Wonderful video and beautiful work. I wish I had been there.
    ...Dilettante! Who you calling a Dilettante?

Thanks for posting

Your image is very interesting

However I will never use MEGA or Insta, so I will not click

I have no fight with China, having studied it since very young

Thank you for your attention to Lishui, China. I hope you all have a trip to China. I also hope that I can travel around the world to take photos and promote the positive energy there.

Zebra

Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    A friend sent me today this short video produced for a current show in Lishui, China called "Reflections and Innovations: Contemporary Practices of Handcrafted Processes. I have been involved over the years with many of the photographers you see in the video, and have a few "cameo" appearances in the video. The exhibition coincides with announcement of a center at the University of Lishui dedicated to photography, with a large role for vintage historical processes.

Wonderful Image Sandy. Congrats.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CWXBRw7...um=share_sheet

Unlike most western countries China has virtually no history of photography in the 19th and early 20th centuries and most of the important developments of the medium have taken place in the digital age. This exhibition, and others of its type in China, are sponsored in an effort to connect the present trends with the past.

One of my pictures you can see in the video is a photograph of a boat in Quanzhou Port. This image capture was made in 2018 and I first made it as a muted color print that was printed in the Carbon Transfer Printing book as a vertical orientation image. The print shown in Lishui is virtually same as the attached image file, a carbon transfer monochrome print with a cool tone that reminds me of the actual color of the bay. Image capture was with a Fuji GFX 50R and the print was made with a continuous tone digital inkjet negative prepared with QTR. The print itself is about 17X22" (image size) and is single transfer on albumen+gelatin sized Arches Aquarelle.

Thanks for looking.

BTW, if the link does not load please copy and post it into any browser and it should work.

SandyAttachment 221401Attachment 221401