Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intrepid 4x5” - new model due.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Seρora la Reina de los Αngeles de Porciϊncula

Re: Intrepid 4x5” - new model due.

Is this a comedy thread? I’m chuckling at you folks.

NOTE: This is a completely vacuous comment.

Not vacuous, vacuumed _ .

Bernice

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    NOTE: This is a completely vacuous comment.

Decent plywood is cross grained layers so as materials start to dry out, layers pull across grain layers so evenly spread...

Makers of cameras of the past would have used plywood more, if they had the much better plywood of today...

Steve K

I bought the new 5x7 Intrepid in July, and I gotta say, its a pretty darn good camera. The materials and design have improved a lot since the 8X10 I bought in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan 717 View Post
    Apparently due for release on 15th Nov.

Now in hardwood:

Attachment 221229
    Nothing about it on the Intrepid site yet. I already have a camera, but I've started following what Intrepid is doing and I'm curious to see whether this model is simply an upgrade in materials or if there's more to it. As far as I can tell, owners of Intrepid cameras are happy with them, and it looks like the company is active when it comes to making improvements. The cheap shots from the sidelines aren't useful to anybody.

I agree. I don't have experience with Intrepid 4x5 or 8x10, but I am quite happy with Intrepid 5x7. It does its job well in providing the bare needs of a field camera.

Only ask would be if Intrepid could provide some sort of lock against the back swing of the rear standard or allow the back standard to stay put at 90 degrees to the bottom. Its easy to knock it off the position when loading and unloading the film holders.

The new 4x5 cameras with hard wood looks quite nice actually and I would not mind if they made a 5x7 in one of that plus some feature upgrades (like above). Pushing my luck on that one I bet.

Am I the only one who has a pet peeve about the bare threaded rod sticking out the front? I don't mind that it's unconstrained (common in 3D printer Z-axis assemblies), but they could have cut it an inch shorter and extended the focusing board down a bit at the front to cover the end of the rod.

Then again, I think the front of the Tesla 3 looks unfinished, so obviously, my aesthetic sense is a bit screwy anyway.

I think it's great an an affordable camera line is available to users that's not some unrefined KS offering with the bugs not taken out of them (yet)...

My future concern is if this really takes off, will existing lenses, holders etc become scarce (and $$$) in the new era???

Steve K

The hardwood versions are now on Intrepid's website: https://intrepidcamera.co.uk/product...d-4x5-hardwood