Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need advice on 11x14 film holders.

Re: I need advice on 11x14 film holders.

Here is a weird issue. I have two Fidelity Elite Wonderful holders. Then I purchased two newish wooden holders touted to fit my Wisner. But they do not!!! The "ledge" on the film holder is about 1/8th of an inch too far up the length to fit into the slot in the Wisner film gate. I compared this to the fidelity and it was confirmed. The Fidelity fits fine.

Now what? I can remove the wooden part from the newish film holder and then use a router table to remove the width by the needed amount . Put the part back and see if that fixes the issue. It should. I cannot return the 11x14 holder because I bought two on Ebay ( $1,000 CDN for two when all the dollar exchange , shipping and duties were added) No returns allowed by the seller . They were not camera vendors, they sell many items.

I found a fix but only because I have a wood shop and decades of experience with fabrication. I have bought many hundreds of film holders over my lifetime but never has this issue arise. Until now . But there was a solution. Otherwise the film holder is well made and like new. I guess they were never used due to the defect.

Tin Can

Tin Can

You should be able to return them since you bought them from eBay. What type of holders are those? Pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    It is the LOCK RIB that has an excessive space to the end of the holder. I can remove that piece and do the slight trim cut then replace it It is actually much faster than a return Your table of dimensions as found is extremely helpful Thank You very much !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by diversey View Post
    You should be able to return them since you bought them from eBay. What type of holders are those? Pictures?
    Ha ! When the seller says no return that is enforced. Anyway I can fix it easier than doing all the mess of goung back through customs and dollar exchange I Would not get any satisfaction and the result would have large economic loss.