Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Large Format Conference / University of New Mexico

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Re: Large Format Conference / University of New Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by aljackson View Post
    Hello,

Attended the very first Large Format Conference at the University of New Mexico campus in Albuquerque around 2002-2004?
    Not sure, but this was possibly connected to Steve Simmons and other prominent names in Large Format Photography. There were many suppliers, vendors, and reps at this conference. Think there were short 1-1.5 hour-long workshops/presentations during that conference.

Due to life and responsibility, I fell away from the LF use for quite some time, but now seeking information on that conference or other gatherings that might be going on in the USA.

Any information appreciated on the status of this conference or whatever it morphed into helpful. Thanks!
    We will be starting a LF group that will get together in August. We are looking at the 20th of August as our first meeting. It will be held at LightBox Photographic Gallery in Astoria Oregon. We hope to get photographers who may have gotten out of LF for whatever reason back into it. We have a historic process darkroom and a full silver darkroom at the gallery. This weekend I'm teaching a carbon transfer workshop. Please contact Michael Granger at the gallery and tell him you heard about our group we are forming. We would love to have anyone who wants to join us come out on the 20th of August. You can reach Michael at michael@lightbox-photographic.com.

Re: Large Format Conference / University of New Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by Fred L View Post
    Yeah, I remember the first one when you had the lab on Industrial, was a good time. I don't spend much time anymore at whatever APUG has become. Always wanted to go to Photostock but pandemic...maybe after I retire, whenever that will be lol But would like something bit more casual and low key, with loose workshops, and closer to home.
    Well Photostock is about as casual as one can imagine and extremely welcoming, I have always wanted to go back