Thread: Arca Swiss Monorail compatibility between Model C and F Line

Arca Swiss Monorail compatibility between Model C and F Line

I have a Model C. I want a short rail (15cm) so that I can pack it for travel instead of using a flight case. My question is based around the compatibility of arca swiss rail systems.
    Are the current monorail system (F-line) compatible with the rail system on the Model C? How compatible are they?

1) Are the extension bracket compatible? It seems similar. but the levers might be a bit more sturdy than the knobs on the Model C.

2) The rails do not seem compatible / interchangeable. The F-line rails are much taller with a hole in it, supposedly for extension rails. Most likely, i would need to get compatible rails of the same generation. One or the other, there would be no mixing or matching.

3) Can I use the extension bracket from the model C with the current monorails from the F- line? for example. I have a 40cm extension bracket from the Model C. I would only need to purchase a 40cm monorail and a 15cm monorail from the F-line to put everything together?

bonus question:

are the low profile monorail (like in the model C) compatible with the camera rail for the monoball fix?
    Last edited by dikaiosune01; 4-Oct-2021 at 19:25. Reason: new question