Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: KEH Camera “bargain” lenses

Re: KEH Camera “bargain” lenses

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Calwell View Post
    Has anyone on the forum ever purchased a “bargain” graded lens from KEH? Are they decent users?
    Ben, I purchased two enlarger lenses from KEH about 9 months ago, both 'Bargain' grade. I thought both lenses looked much better than the 'Bargain' description implied. To date, I've had nothing but entirely satisfactory dealings with KEH.
    cheers
    Tom

Bargain or better and they will CLA the item if you find obvious flaws (not sure they'd do it for slightly off shutter speeds, but I bought a bargain F2SB that was capping at 1/2000 and 1/1000, and they CLA'd it for no charge.)

KEH Bargain lenses are superb. They're usually far above what you'd expect for "Bargain" to be. And they have an excellent return policy if you change your mind. I got a Hasselblad Zeiss 110mm f/2.0 Planar for a song from KEH.

never had any issues with bargain rated items including lenes. bargain is cosmetic n not functional. ive gotten lenses in excelent condition with minor wear on the barrel, never for bad glass.

you can always return it if you arent satisfied.

Appreciate the feedback.

Like stated above, I've bought numerous cameras and lenses from KEH marked "Bargain", some were very good, some, not so much. They are good about taking things back if you are not satisfied though.

Best,
    -Tim

Eric Woodbury

I purchased a 'bargain' 35mm camera from KEH. Only thing 'wrong' was someone had removed the camera's name from the top plate. Somehow, carefully, removed the camera name, etc. silk screen. Other than that, it was perfect.

There may have been a bargain 4x5 lens, too. Minor defect, but a great deal and very workable. In those days, I called them and asked why the rating. They'd pull it out of stock and call me back. Not sure how the online service works. I haven't bought a lens from them in a long time.

“Bargain” at KEH is good user equipment. “Ugly” will be down graded in some way. I love the company and would buy more equipment from them if they had what I was looking for. Don’t let your onld stuff sit around, sell it to KEH.
    ...Dilettante! Who you calling a Dilettante?

KEH used to be known for under-rating the quality of their gear, but that hasn't been the case for a while.

I got burned by a "BGN" Hasselblad 50mm ten years ago when I was living in Japan - the filter ring was very obviously bent in and filters would not screw on to the lens. By KEH's own grading system it should have been UG. True, I could have returned it, but looking at completed auctions on eBay for similar condition lenses, I would have come out behind after footing the bill for shipping and buying a real "BGN" quality lens, so I sucked it up and kept it as a lesson learnt.

I no longer shop with KEH.

I have dumped Digi on KEH as I would not sell the 'stuff' to any person

Quote Originally Posted by Ironage View Post
    “Bargain” at KEH is good user equipment. “Ugly” will be down graded in some way. I love the company and would buy more equipment from them if they had what I was looking for. Don’t let your onld stuff sit around, sell it to KEH.
    Tin Can