Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: KEH Camera “bargain” lenses

KEH Camera “bargain” lenses

Has anyone on the forum ever purchased a “bargain” graded lens from KEH? Are they decent users?

Re: KEH Camera “bargain” lenses

No, but that is one example only: 55mm Pentax SMC 67 with deep mark on front lens.

Sent fra min SM-G975F via Tapatalk

El Pueblo de Nuestra Seńora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

I’ve looked at a few and wouldn’t waste my time even hoping they are worth the effort. Who knows, though…

Yes, they're very good for the most part.
    They sell 100% working equipment, so bargain condition refers to its looks.
    You can always call and ask them about a specific item (fungus, shutter speeds, etc).

I have sold Digi to and buy mostly Bargain from KEH

They have free returns

You cannot lose
    Tin Can

Bargain has been pretty good and working. I’ve bought all kinds of stuff including lenses.

I turned to Ugly for some Sally Mann style LF lenses. You get what you get with those.

hell, I've bought a number of ugly and as-is lenses, from KEH and have usually been happy. BGN are in my experience are frequently very good. The best I got was an as-is Kodak Ektar 203mm ƒ7.7 for $60. Its one of my favorite lenses now, and all it needed was a little shutter cleaning (it didn't always stay cocked).

Thanks, all. I’ve been tempted by some of their offerings, but have been reluctant to “pull the trigger,” as they say.

Bargain lenses from KEH are very good. Usually much better than playing the odds with Ebay even when you can see pictures (which almost never show flaws because it's so hard to photograph them for most people). As-is is a crap shoot, but sometimes can be worth it if you are ok with ending up with a "parts" lens.

If you set aside some time to inspect and test the lens when it arrives, you have 21 days to return it and get a full refund. You might have to pay for shipping, not sure about that. The do have a service department so I suspect most items are inspected and can be repaired if necessary. My local service technician has limited what he will repair nowadays and refers what he doesn't to KEH or Harry Fleenor for Rolleiflex TLRs.