Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kodak Ektar 127mm: how to sync with flash?

Re: Kodak Ektar 127mm: how to sync with flash?

Quote Originally Posted by reddesert View Post
    You also need to set the adjustable flash sync delay to zero. This is the switch with M, M, FX, and OFF settings. If you set it at "OFF" that will probably be X-sync. If you set it at "M" that fires the sync about 20 msec before the shutter, which is great for M-type flashbulbs, but will fire an electronic flash before the shutter opens. Test it to be sure.
    Alternatively, don't cock the flash delay mechanism.

All the cords I bought from Paramount were drying out and too stiff at the Bi-Post connector, over 10 years

I kept them for hacks

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    ... and buy it quick while you can... Paramount recently went out of business.
    Tin Can

BTW, does anyone have any experience with that particular lens? How does it compare with Schneiders?

One of those Ektars was my first 4x5 lens, taken off a 3x4 Speed Graphic. Quite sharp, lovely tonality, just covers 4x5 with a little wiggle room. I still have it, but prefer my 135/6.3 Wide Field Ektar for its much greater coverage.
    I suppose the Schneider comp would be a (coated) 135mm Xenar; they are both Tessar-formula lenses. Probably not a great deal difference between them; Graphics could be bought new with either lens brand. Perhaps someone has used both and will give us the benefit of their knowledge.

Another source for new bi-post cords is cords for electric shavers and the small 2 pin power cords from the bargain store (for about a dollar)...

These require a little squeeze to get on bi-posts, but hold well enough... One end is the AC plug that fits in the strobe pack...

Steve K

Quote Originally Posted by reddesert View Post
    You also need to set the adjustable flash sync delay to zero. This is the switch with M, M, FX, and OFF settings. If you set it at "OFF" that will probably be X-sync. If you set it at "M" that fires the sync about 20 msec before the shutter, which is great for M-type flashbulbs, but will fire an electronic flash before the shutter opens. Test it to be sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Alternatively, don't cock the flash delay mechanism.
    ‘OFF’ is off, it won't fire the flash. You want the F-X setting for X-sync (zero delay). If you move the lever from OFF to F-X with a flashbulb attached it will fire the bulb so watch for that.

Also, Graphex shutters don’t have the cocking lever for the flash sync delay like the Kodak Supermatic shutters do. The third lever is a preview lever to open the shutter.

Off topic…Interestingly, I have a 4x5 Anniversary Speed Graphic with a 127mm Ektar lens in a Supermatic shutter that has a self-timer instead of a sync delay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Reid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/

Quote Originally Posted by dazdraperma View Post
    This link is dead.

Can anyone point me to a bi-post to PC adapter?

Thanks