Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pyrocat HD - Differences/Effects between 1:1:100 and 2:2:100

Re: Pyrocat HD - Differences/Effects between 1:1:100 and 2:2:100

Quote Originally Posted by Alan9940 View Post
    It varies, of course, by film and development technique, but, for example, for 8x10 Foma 100 I develop with tanks & hangers for 15 mins @21C (1:1:100) for normal silver printing, and for roughly the same time (maybe, 14 mins) at 2:2:100 for pt/pd or silver chloride printing. Agitation is continuous for the first minute followed by 1 "cycle" at the 3/4, 1/2, and 1/4 marks. A "cycle" of agitation is: up/right/down, up/left/down, straight up and when the hanger gets near the top of the tank I drop it to dislodge any bubbles. Since I do all this with IR goggles, I can stop development at any point if the neg looks right; somewhat DBI, but mostly based on time.

Thanks, very interesting. Yes, film dependent, etc. By 'everything else' I should have said for regular (typically non-silver chloride) enlarging papers. I have some Lodima G2/G3 and with FP4+, for example, at 1:1:100 using times in the 12-14 min range (developed in Unicolor drums on a rotary base) and thinking maybe that's not quite enough. Have done some salt with varied results, but even there that's been mostly in the ballpark, but could benefit from a bump up. Looking to try some alt processes that don't need quite such a dense negative. I've only made contact prints but 1:1:100 works well with variable contrast papers.

I'd like to be able to try DBI, what IR goggles are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Carl J View Post
    I'd like to be able to try DBI, what IR goggles are you using?
    It's from a UK company named Nightfox and mine is the 119V. Unfortunately, I don't think this particular model is made any longer. My primary motivation for selecting this model is that the view is 1x; unlike most (all?) other goggles out there which have some level of magnification. I wanted a more normal view at arm's length and had to wait several months before the company produced this 1x version. If you're interested, you might find one on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan9940 View Post
    It's from a UK company named Nightfox and mine is the 119V. Unfortunately, I don't think this particular model is made any longer. My primary motivation for selecting this model is that the view is 1x; unlike most (all?) other goggles out there which have some level of magnification. I wanted a more normal view at arm's length and had to wait several months before the company produced this 1x version. If you're interested, you might find one on eBay.
    Yes, when I searched online some weeks (months) ago I found I wasn't coming up with some of the models discussed extensively on LFF in the past. Admittedly, I didn't look very hard but was also curious if anyone might have any suggestions for current models. I didn't think of trying eBay, good suggestion.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carl J View Post
    Yes, when I searched online some weeks (months) ago I found I wasn't coming up with some of the models discussed extensively on LFF in the past. Admittedly, I didn't look very hard but was also curious if anyone might have any suggestions for current models. I didn't think of trying eBay, good suggestion.

Thanks
    I've also seen a couple of posts and, I think a YouTube video or two, discussing a DIY type IR thing. You might want to poke around the 'net a bit, if you're interested.