Thread: in search of white or off white archival 9 x 12 drop front boxes

in search of white or off white archival 9 x 12 drop front boxes

i am currently working on my archives, and i use Hollinger grey drop front boxes for contacts, which works fine. I would like to add my proof prints to the same shelf, along with the contacts and the negative notebook. I want the system color coded ( or tone coded ) so that with a glance I see a white or off white drop front box that would hold proofs, the grey boxes now for the contacts and the black notebooks for the negatives.

I dont want the beige or tan boxes that are out there. Has anyone seen white or off white drop front 9 x 12 x 1 boxes? thanks.

Drew Wiley

Re: in search of white or off white archival 9 x 12 drop front boxes

Why would anyone in their right mind mass market a storage product that shows dirt and fingerprints like crazy? Handling white matboard itself is fussy enough. Perhaps you could make you own. There are bookbinding suppliers who could provide you with everything necessary, but it would be a lot of work. For someone to custom do that for you on an even remotely affordable basis would probably require them to purchase the whitish archival board stock on a custom basis themselves. You'd have to order potentially hundreds of boxes to make it worth their time and expense.

As a far more realistic alternative, couldn't you simply use color-coded exterior labels instead?

Archival Methods makes custom boxes, maybe they can do what you are looking for.

www.archivalmethods.com

Richard Wasserman

https://www.rwasserman.com/

I've never seen white boxes, just grey, tan and black.

Suggestion: Use colored stickers or labels to code your storage boxes. Easy to see at a glance, easy to change if you need.

Doremus

Drew Wiley

Archival Methods offers only standard options even in custom sizing, and white exteriors aren't one of them. Besides, is one willing to pay a hundred bucks a box or thereabouts for simply storage rather than presentation purposes?