Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fujinon EX 135mm enlarging lens not fitting 53mm lens board.

Re: Fujinon EX 135mm enlarging lens not fitting 53mm lens board.

Hi. I've just purchased the same lens via eBay, where the seller described it as having 39mm thread. So now I need to find both a 4x4 board and retaining ring for this lovely looking lens.

I'm interested - did the retaining ring from Photo Tools work out for you? (it's described on their website as being a "Threaded retaining ring for enlarger lens with 53mm x 0.75 thread for EL-Nikkor 150mm 5.6", and I'm a little gun shy about seller descriptions at the moment).

Any recommentions regarding the 4x4 lens board given your experience? Even thought I have a dremel, we're not good friends and I'd like to avoid if possible. 4x4 with a 54mm, if such a thing exists?

Kind regards.

Quote Originally Posted by GregE View Post
    Hi. I've just purchased the same lens via eBay, where the seller described it as having 39mm thread. So now I need to find both a 4x4 board and retaining ring for this lovely looking lens.

I'm interested - did the retaining ring from Photo Tools work out for you? (it's described on their website as being a "Threaded retaining ring for enlarger lens with 53mm x 0.75 thread for EL-Nikkor 150mm 5.6", and I'm a little gun shy about seller descriptions at the moment).

Any recommentions regarding the 4x4 lens board given your experience? Even thought I have a dremel, we're not good friends and I'd like to avoid if possible. 4x4 with a 54mm, if such a thing exists?

Kind regards.
    I ended up getting the lens board with retaining ring from Custom Photo Tools and its great! Looking at my order confirmation I got the following: "Lensboard 4 x 4" for Beseler enlargers 53mm - with 53mm x 0.75 threaded ring "

The board and the ring are of high quality and the lens board as a slight recession around the hole to better fit the retaining ring all the way down the lens threads. On top of that, the back of the lens board has some felt on it to reduce internal reflections. How much that actually matters I think is negligible, but it is a nice touch regardless.

My order took a little while, but it was worth the wait. Also that Fujinon 135mm EX lens is excellent.

Thank you! This is *very* useful and reassuring.

Quote Originally Posted by cirwin2010 View Post
    I ended up getting the lens board with retaining ring from Custom Photo Tools and its great! Looking at my order confirmation I got the following: "Lensboard 4 x 4" for Beseler enlargers 53mm - with 53mm x 0.75 threaded ring "

The board and the ring are of high quality and the lens board as a slight recession around the hole to better fit the retaining ring all the way down the lens threads. On top of that, the back of the lens board has some felt on it to reduce internal reflections. How much that actually matters I think is negligible, but it is a nice touch regardless.

My order took a little while, but it was worth the wait. Also that Fujinon 135mm EX lens is excellent.

I got a Fujinon 135mm earlier this year and this is how it came from the seller. I know not much help here but still some visuals in case anybody else needs an idea on how to mount this lens.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2F1B4453-46BB-4283-8D6C-B84D61132168.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	231467Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0D5E8208-DF63-4E96-A0AE-1B8D3E87EA7D.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	231468Click image for larger version. 

Name:	66BC6A2B-9DB6-4110-8660-618825ECB27C.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	231469