Thread: Opinions about Epson 7880

Opinions about Epson 7880

I have the chance to acquire a used Epson 7880 printer in what looks like fair to good condition with some inks a roll of paper for $500.

Don't know much about the Epson X880 line?

Any experiences, pitfalls, quirks or praise...?
    Anything really

Re: Opinions about Epson 7880

I acquired my EPSON STYLUS PRO 7800 probably 14 years ago. Since then I have run dozens of 100 foot rolls of paper through it. It was stored for about 5 years till last year when I wanted to start to use it again. At that time several nozzles were clogged. Took running the Power Cleaning Cycle probably 5 times over a week's time with a new set of inks to get it up and running again. It's been going on six months since resurrecting the 7800. I just make sure that I print something with it every week to keep the nozzles from clogging. Resides in a 62-72 degree room with 35-45% humidity. Only "problem" I have with the printer now is that the manual paper cutter button does not work, and I can easily work around that. Other than that, I have had 0% problems with the 7800.

Re: Opinions about Epson 7880

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I acquired my EPSON STYLUS PRO 7800 probably 14 years ago. Since then I have run dozens of 100 foot rolls of paper through it. It was stored for about 5 years till last year when I wanted to start to use it again. At that time several nozzles were clogged. Took running the Power Cleaning Cycle probably 5 times over a week's time with a new set of inks to get it up and running again. It's been going on six months since resurrecting the 7800. I just make sure that I print something with it every week to keep the nozzles from clogging. Resides in a 62-72 degree room with 35-45% humidity. Only "problem" I have with the printer now is that the manual paper cutter button does not work, and I can easily work around that. Other than that, I have had 0% problems with the 7800.
    Greg, thanks for sharing.
    I indeed did buy the printer. It actually was in much better condition than implied. As good as new, only had done 105 prints.
    And therefore pretty clogged. But 6 or 7 cleaning cycles later it it seems OK.
    Very pleased!