Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Large Format Channels on YouTube

Re: Large Format Channels on YouTube

I am one of the people listed that have a YouTube Channel, mine are a collaboration between myself and a young man interested in video that started when he was about 6 years old, his father and I would get together and let him do all the work, over the years he has shot a lot of videos , the latest being 6 months ago in my new location. Today he is in his third year Animation Program at one of our local universities.
    I make no apologies for the poor quality of them or the use of crude language skills, Every week I get at least 1-3 comments which I reply to immediately if I can. To date I have had only one negative response with thousands of views. I like this way of presenting ideas and plan to do a lot more, in fact Jimmy (the young dude) is responsible for a lot of the videos on my website. I even did one with B&H , imagine trying to explain tri colour gum over palladium to a live audience with no samples thanks to Canada / USA post. I encourage any of you to do them I think they are great.

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post
    Today he is in his third year Animation Program at one of our local universities.
    Being a fan of animated films, now I'm curious. OCAD U? Seneca College? Sheridan College?

Bob is understating a bit. Toronto has some of the best animation programmes in the world. This film, made by Chris Landreth in co-operation with Seneca College's Animation Arts Centre, won the 2005 Academy Award for Best Short Animated film. It's an animated documentary about Ryan Larkin, who co-operated with making the film and whose work is known to every animation student. Larkin's film Walking lost to Disney's It's Tough to Be a Bird at the 1970 Academy Awards. Larkin died in 2007.

Last edited by r.e.; 23-Oct-2021 at 10:31.

Hass and his team spent 25 days in Tibet three years ago at 21,500 feet documenting disappering glaciers. They had to filter melted ice for wet plates and used plastic sheets to build a waste water treatment tank so anything not evaporated were carried out.

https://youtu.be/s3xDkASvqlQ
    Last edited by Hugo Zhang; 23-Oct-2021 at 11:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Zhang View Post
    Hass and his team spent 25 days in Tibet three years ago at 23,500 feet documenting disappering glaciers. They had to filter melted ice for wet plates and used plastic sheets to build a waste water treatment tank so anything not evaporated were carried out.

https://youtu.be/s3xDkASvqlQ
    Hi Hugo,

Congratulations on your new YouTube channel and a very nice film. If you plan to make more films, I'll add your channel to the list in post #1. Would you want it under Camera Makers/Chamonix View Camera or under Photographers/Hugo Zhang? If under Photographers, under China or the United States as channel location?

Note: Hugo has also started a thread about this film in the Location & Travel subforum: Chamonix cameras in action in Tibet

This is Hugo's film playable within this thread:

Chamonix View Camera making wet plates in Tibet
    Last edited by r.e.; 23-Oct-2021 at 09:46.

r.e.

This is my very first Youbube posting. I guess I will post more later about Chamonix view cameras and/or my personal photography using view cameras. I don't have a plan yet.

Thanks.
    Hugo

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Zhang View Post
    r.e.

This is my very first Youbube posting. I guess I will post more later about Chamonix view cameras and/or my personal photography using view cameras. I don't have a plan yet.

Thanks.
    Hugo
    Thanks, I've added you to the list in post #1 under Camera Makers as Chamonix View Cameras (Hugo Zhang), and under Photographers, United States.

Thank you!

Sheridan I believe , it is now a university rather than college so I think he has 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post
    Sheridan I believe , it is now a university rather than college so I think he has 4 years.
    Cool. As you may know, Sheridan graduate Domee Shi won the 2018 Oscar for Best Animated Short. Bao, which she wrote and directed for Pixar, is about the Chinese immigrant experience in Toronto (lots of local references, from Chinatown to the streetcar to the CN Tower).

Vimeo has the best resolution copy of Bao outside Disney+ and other streaming services. The Vimeo URL won't play directly in the thread, but this link works:

[EDIT: I've deleted the Vimeo link, which no longer works. Bao is now only available from Disney+ and Amazon. In March 2022, Pixar released Ms. Shi's first full-length animated film Turning Red. Like Bao, Turning Red is about the Chinese-Canadian experience in Toronto. Reviews have been very positive.]

Fans of bao dumplings will find Shi's mother's recipe on the internet. This Babish Culinary Universe YouTube video has had 9.3 million views so far: Binging with Babish: Bao from Pixar's Bao

My apologies for the digression. Back to regular programming.
    Last edited by r.e.; 30-Jun-2022 at 10:28.

Based in Yorkshire, Martin Henson co-administers two U.K. forums, the Large Format Photography Forum and the Black and White Photography Forum. Henson has made a good number of YouTube videos over the last two years, many of them using a Chamonix 45N-2 or a Zero 4x5 pinhole camera. Thanks to @Dan6077 for pointing out Henson's channel, now added to the list in post #1.