Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Polaroid on 4x5

Polaroid on 4x5

Hello there, I own several Polaroid 55 and others, and also the polaroid 545 film holder. The 55 is not dried jet, but when I tested it, it came out a dark irregular greenish blot...and no image at all.
    So 2 questions: is there any way to use those films and process them in the darkroom?
    What's the situation today to shoot 4x5 instant films, due the fact that impossible project and new 55 resigned to 4x5, and fuji stopped making films of that format?
    Thanks
    Federico

Re: Polaroid on 4x5

Some of us are waiting for this

https://shop.lomography.com/en/lomo-...k-instant-back

I advise never throwing out any 4X5 instant, Polaroid, etc holder as somebody is always trying to resurrect Polaroid
    Tin Can

Yes you can - Don't pull the image through the holder breaking the developer packet, but take it apart later in the darkroom. I processed exposed negatives from dried up type 55 in Diafine a few times but you could likely use any developer. I imagine you could also process the exposed paper in normal paper developer, but I never tried it.
    The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
    http://www.searing.photography

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    Some of us are waiting for this

https://shop.lomography.com/en/lomo-...k-instant-back

I advise never throwing out any 4X5 instant, Polaroid, etc holder as somebody is always trying to resurrect Polaroid
    Yes, but your link shows that Lomography has figured out that it can sell its own holder for US$150 Do you know if it or anyone else is selling instant film that works with a Polaroid holder?

In a word, no

I am very slowly shooting free Fujifilm FP-100C45 I got out of a failed fridge in an abandoned Pro Film shooting studio

about 20 packs to go

Quote Originally Posted by r.e. View Post
    Yes, but your link shows that Lomography has figured out that it can sell its own holder for US$150 Do you know if it or anyone else is selling instant film that works with a Polaroid holder?
    Tin Can

I've never tried it myself, but I've heard that the Type 55 film is or is very similar to Panatomic-X. Therefore, the development times for this film should get you pretty close.

You can set up a Polaroid film back to process a single Instax at a time by pulling the Instax film through the rollers. Though in my test here the flow of developer was a little uneven.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Polaroid-Instax.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	219091

Until I get an automated Graflok instax back, I just put the Instax film in film holders and then process later in an Instax camera.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Horseman Instax.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	219092

Famous Format has taken up the New55 Project and has offered ISO 100 and 400 versions. However, the product is still extremely expensive and production has been very limited since covid took hold.

https://www.famousformat.net/

thanks for your kind replies. I will try to process 55 in the darkroom with id 11