Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can you add Cambo SC rails together, to get more extension?

Re: Can you add Cambo SC rails together, to get more extension?

The black one is the original, the silver the one from 80/20...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0063.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	219599

Quote Originally Posted by wallpaperviking View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0063.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	219599
    That's nice. Does it work for you? Mine do, and that's why I recommended 80/20 1010 stock.

I'm confused cause I think the threading is weird. So the silvery colored one is the NEW one you got? Are you all good to go now?
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    That's nice. Does it work for you? Mine do, and that's why I recommended 80/20 1010 stock.
    Unfortunately, it does not work for me.. I followed your advice Dan and went ahead and ordered it. I can manage to cram the Cambo front standard onto it but cannot move it once on. I have since realised that 80/20 stocks two types of 1" x 1" rail, a normal and a smooth version.

https://8020.net/1010.html

https://8020.net/1010-s.html

I ordered the normal from 80/20 Australia and as mentioned, it does not fit so that the Cambo front rail is able to slide along it.

Dan, do you remember by any chance if yours was a "smooth" version? It is the only thing I can think of that might be the difference between it working and not.

80/20 Australia does not stock the "smooth" version and say it would take 4-6 weeks for them to get me one from the U.S. Would be quicker to have it sent from 80/20 U.S to a friend in Atlanta and have her send it over to me.

Thanks, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

* The silver version is the new version ordered from 80/20 Australia and the black version is the original Cambo that has a "smooth" finish on top.

Interesting. I just took out a Cambo SC-1 standard, mounted it on a 4' section of 1" x 1" 80/20 t-slotted extrusion that looks just like yours. The standard moves as it should when I turn its focusing knob. A Cambo SC-2 standard also works on that rail.

You're doing something wrong. Turn your standard upside down. There's a screw in a shiny collar on the bottom of the rail rider. It adjust the position of the rollers in the lower half of the roll rider. Back the screw off a little and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by wallpaperviking View Post
    Unfortunately, it does not work for me.. I followed your advice Dan and went ahead and ordered it. I can manage to cram the Cambo front standard onto it but cannot move it once on. I have since realised that 80/20 stocks two types of 1" x 1" rail, a normal and a smooth version.

https://8020.net/1010.html

https://8020.net/1010-s.html

I ordered the normal from 80/20 Australia and as mentioned, it does not fit so that the Cambo front rail is able to slide along it.

Dan, do you remember by any chance if yours was a "smooth" version? It is the only thing I can think of that might be the difference between it working and not.

80/20 Australia does not stock the "smooth" version and say it would take 4-6 weeks for them to get me one from the U.S. Would be quicker to have it sent from 80/20 U.S to a friend in Atlanta and have her send it over to me.

Thanks, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

* The silver version is the new version ordered from 80/20 Australia and the black version is the original Cambo that has a "smooth" finish on top.
    Oh, now I understand. You live in Australia and ordered from a US company called 80/20. Do you have a "home improvement" type store in Australia? google says "Bunnings"? I got a plain vanilla 1x1" square piece of aluminum. Smooth sides. Basically a box shape if you look at the cross section. That worked for me what I had the SC. Would it be in metric? I just know 1 inch is 25.4mm.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Interesting. I just took out a Cambo SC-1 standard, mounted it on a 4' section of 1" x 1" 80/20 t-slotted extrusion that looks just like yours. The standard moves as it should when I turn its focusing knob. A Cambo SC-2 standard also works on that rail.

You're doing something wrong. Turn your standard upside down. There's a screw in a shiny collar on the bottom of the rail rider. It adjust the position of the rollers in the lower half of the roll rider. Back the screw off a little and try again.
    Hi Dan,

Thanks for your response and perseverance! Much appreciated!

Hmmm, not really sure what the issue is. I have tried loosening that screw that you are talking about but with absolutely no luck. I am not having any luck attaching a photo for some reason but you mean the small flathead screw at the very bottom of the standard right? I have even loosened the screw on the sides of that section and it still does not want to turn.

You are not talking about the "allen key" bolt underneath the swing mechanism?

So your 80/20 is not the "smooth" version hey? That is the only difference I can see between the original black Cambo rail and the silver 80/20 I have ordered....

Am not sure where to go from here. Thanks again for the help, is greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by ericantonio View Post
    Oh, now I understand. You live in Australia and ordered from a US company called 80/20. Do you have a "home improvement" type store in Australia? google says "Bunnings"? I got a plain vanilla 1x1" square piece of aluminum. Smooth sides. Basically a box shape if you look at the cross section. That worked for me what I had the SC. Would it be in metric? I just know 1 inch is 25.4mm.
    Hi ericantonio,
    Yes, that is the issue unfortunately.... It is the same company just the division based in Australia. I even used the reference number off the US website, to then place an order with the same company here.

So yes, I thought the same and have ordered a small section from Bunnings..

https://www.bunnings.com.au/connect-...-tube_p1138262

Still in lockdown here, so have ordered it and have to wait for it to be picked and then pickup..

We shall see, hopefully the "smooth" surface is enough to get the rails sliding...

Thanks for all your help, much appreciated!

wpv, I really hesitate to ask because I don't want to insult you, but I see that you got your standard on a piece of 80/20 1010 extrusion. So your problem must be that turning the rail rider's "focus" knob doesn't move the standard. Does it work properly on your Cambo rail? Are you mistakenly turning the "lock" knob?