Thread: Facebook Marketplace Question

Facebook Marketplace Question

I got frustrated selling on the 'New' eBay. I just did not want to wait up to five days for my payout. So...I thought I would try FB Marketplace. I once sold a camera on FB a few years ago and it went smoothly. I went ahead and gave FB my bank account number and routing number. So I sold an item (it went just fine)and then afterward learned that it takes FB almost twice as long as eBay to give a payout. I did not get my payment for ten days. SO...I tried to cancel my FB Marketplace account. (I know...I was stupid to give them my bank account number to begin with) Well, wouldnt you just know. FB makes it impossible to cancel your account. Call me stupid and pissed off....Has anyone learned a way of canceling a FB Marketplace account? Thank you! Robbie

Re: Facebook Marketplace Question

Hi,

you can follow this steps :

1. Tap in the bottom right of Facebook.
    2. Tap Marketplace.
    3. Tap at the top, then tap Your Listings.
    4. Tap View Order next to the order you want to refund.
    5. Scroll down and tap Refund, then tap Refund to confirm.

I'm not sure why anyone has an expectation of immediate payout in an online transaction. Even if you signed up for your own Merchant Account and did the payment processing yourself it just doesn't work that way. If you want immediate the only way is meet up and exchange cash, one of my old acquaintances would carry a gun to these transactions.. which was smart I suppose, but that's not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by domaz View Post
    I'm not sure why anyone has an expectation of immediate payout in an online transaction. Even if you signed up for your own Merchant Account and did the payment processing yourself it just doesn't work that way. If you want immediate the only way is meet up and exchange cash, one of my old acquaintances would carry a gun to these transactions.. which was smart I suppose, but that's not for me.
    People who sold on eBay at any time during the past 15 or so years had that expectation because payout (via PayPal) WAS immediate. The buyer’s payment was instantly available for them to spend or transfer to another account.

Quote Originally Posted by DonJ View Post
    People who sold on eBay at any time during the past 15 or so years had that expectation because payout (via PayPal) WAS immediate. The buyer’s payment was instantly available for them to spend or transfer to another account.
    It hasn't been that way for years though. I've dealt with the random holds on and off my account that has 100% feedback. Even without the holds, until the buyer got the item and left feedback (or at least waited a few days) I didn't count the money as mine. It's very easy for a buyer to open a case and decide they don't want it. That's the nature of things, even on other sites it's the same (Mercari, Poshmark, you name it..)

OK...My original question, posted five months ago, was how does one cancel/delete a Facebook Marketplace account? I do not want FB to have my credit card number.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Bedell View Post
    OK...My original question, posted five months ago, was how does one cancel/delete a Facebook Marketplace account? I do not want FB to have my credit card number.
    Did you try this? https://www.facebook.com/help/242462812536016

Just did. Thank you! Turns out there wasn't even a card on record so I am fine. Must have been deleted for lack of use.Thanks Again!

It hasn't been that way for years though. I've dealt with the random holds on and off my account that has 100% feedback. Even without the holds, until the buyer got the item and left feedback (or at least waited a few days) I didn't count the money as mine. It's very easy for a buyer to open a case and decide they don't want it. That's the nature of things, even on other sites it's the same (Mercari, Poshmark, you name it..)
    My account was only moved onto Managed Payments last year, so yes, it was that way for many people until recently.

I have sold to KEH and bought

I prefer to sell and buy from well known entities

They never complain
    Tin Can