Thread: George Tice video by B&H

George Tice video by B&H

George Tice piece on the B&H YouTube channel. I hope some will enjoy. 23 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV4BOSK3sPE

Re: George Tice video by B&H

Thanks for posting this. Really enjoyed the video and always enjoyed George Tice's work.

He’s one of the very best.

Have you seen the movie Seeing Beyond the Moment?

Drew Wiley

I've never been overwhelmed by his work. But he's been a good warrior that kept at it. Thanks for the link.

lab black

Thank you for posting the video which I very much enjoyed. I met George Tice many years ago and shared a wonderful conversation with him about what went in to the making of his iconic image of Pettis Mobile Station.
    "We work in the dark, we do what we can, we give what we have."
    Henry James

Robert Bowring

Thanks for posting this. It is a very nice video about one of the great photographers. "Paterson" is one of my favorite books. If anyone ever gets a chance to see an actual print of "Petiss Mobil Station" please go and see it. It is gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Bowring View Post
    Thanks for posting this. It is a very nice video about one of the great photographers. "Paterson" is one of my favorite books. If anyone ever gets a chance to see an actual print of "Petiss Mobil Station" please go and see it. It is gorgeous.
    Paterson is great, as is Paterson II.

I’m lucky enough to own an 8x10 Petit’s Mobil Station. Mine is a later printing than the earliest 1970s versions which were quite a bit lighter. I saw one of those vintage prints about ten years ago at the Weston Gallery in Carmel. I’ve got a few of his prints and they are just wonderful.

I spent an intense 3 months working for George and staying at his home, which at the time was in Iselin, New Jersey in 2000. I accompanied him a bunch of times on day trips to Paterson while he started work on the second Paterson book. For me, it was a life changing experience, to be able to see firsthand that being an artist was not a pipe dream but that was a real full time job...the prints I made of my own in his darkroom at nights and on weekends I'll never match again.

Wow, what an opportunity. That must have really been something.

Quote Originally Posted by Chester McCheeserton View Post
    I spent an intense 3 months working for George and staying at his home, which at the time was in Iselin, New Jersey in 2000. I accompanied him a bunch of times on day trips to Paterson while he started work on the second Paterson book. For me, it was a life changing experience, to be able to see firsthand that being an artist was not a pipe dream but that was a real full time job...the prints I made of my own in his darkroom at nights and on weekends I'll never match again.