Thread: Can I remove the lens panel section easily from the various Toyo rail cameras?

Can I remove the lens panel section easily from the various Toyo rail cameras?

Hi,
    I am looking to purchase either a Toyo 45G or the 810 version to take some pieces for a custom camera and am just wondering if I can easily remove the front lens panel section?

It is the whole section that a lens board clips into and seems to be connected to the rotating part that controls tilt. It also looks like it is just held by two little screws but it is a bit hard to see from online photos to be honest.

If anybody could let me know if this is easily removable, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Re: Can I remove the lens panel section easily from the various Toyo rail cameras?

If you mean the square frame that holds the lens board, yes, it is held by the screws. If you want any Toyo G 4x5, 5x7 or 8x10 standards let me know.

Kumar

Re: Can I remove the lens panel section easily from the various Toyo rail cameras?

Quote Originally Posted by B.S.Kumar View Post
    If you mean the square frame that holds the lens board, yes, it is held by the screws. If you want any Toyo G 4x5, 5x7 or 8x10 standards let me know.

Kumar
    Nice One, thanks for that!

Have DM'ed you with regards to a rear standard..

So, just took the screws off a 5x4 front standard and do not see how I am meant to remove the square baseplate? Any suggestions?

Thanks again!

Cheers

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by B.S.Kumar View Post

Kumar

Hi,
    Just revisiting this one. Can anybody see how it is possible to take off the entire square frame on the front standard of the Toyo monorail cameras? I have the Toyo 45G and I cannot figure how this comes off...

I have a Cambo SC and it is simply a matter of unscrewing it but I cannot see how this works with the Toyo.

Thanks, any help would be amazing!