Thread: Looking for Parts Diagrams for Calumet 8 x 10 cameras

Looking for Parts Diagrams for Calumet 8 x 10 cameras

Hi. I am looking for any and all parts diagrams with measurements for the Calumet 8 x 10 cameras, Black Beauty and Green Monster. I am setting up a CNC mill for my projects and intend to make a few parts for my own cameras. I can measure and draw from my own collection but if I can find any original mechanical drawings that will help short cut the proces.
    Thank you.
    Mark MacKenzie

Re: Looking for Parts Diagrams for Calumet 8 x 10 cameras

You might check with https://www.craigcamera.com/
    Philip Ulanowsky

Sine scientia ars nihil est. (Without science/knowledge, art is nothing.)
    www.imagesinsilver.art
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/156933346@N07/

Thank you for the suggestion. Went there, looked for both instruction and repair with no results. Took a good look around as it is an interesting site. I do have copies of the Calumet catalogues mentioning these cameras but these lack the detail I was and am hoping to find somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by AlcaldeWetPlate View Post
    Hi. I am looking for any and all parts diagrams with measurements for the Calumet 8 x 10 cameras, Black Beauty and Green Monster. I am setting up a CNC mill for my projects and intend to make a few parts for my own cameras. I can measure and draw from my own collection but if I can find any original mechanical drawings that will help short cut the proces.
    Thank you.
    Mark MacKenzie
    This may help.

https://learncamerarepair.com/product.php?product=389

Following for a very similar reason! I have been considering replicating my C1 green monster, I really love it, and it's a very simple folding all metal 8x10, I think it should be pretty easy to build another. I am also considering building one out of alternative materials such as CF and Ti, something to get it lighter, but still rigid, then it would be a stellar beast! I have access to CNC mills through a buddy that is a fabricator, I think this would be a truly fun project. I would like to upgrade the mounting platform, and possibly include a second tripod socket for large dual screw tripod heads.

Yes I had thought along those lines myself. I was inves\tigating using aluminum extrusions for the rails. Right now I want to replace those parts that break or get lost easily. I have modelled but not yet tried to machine the compendium shade holder. Seems that you can find compendium shades but not the right holder for the 8x10 camera which is different from the 4x5 version. Well good luck to you and let us know ow things are going.

Quote Originally Posted by Merg Ross View Post
    Thank you Merg. I went there too and found the parts list. It was a better done version of one I already had so that was great. i guess I need to priortize what parts I want to make and then get to measuring and drawing. 3D cad work is not my strong point yet so there will be a learning curve.