Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebike?

Re: Ebike?

"EBIKE"? iS THAT A MEDICATION FOR SOMETHING EMBARASSING?
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

Took delivery of the bike. I have a trailer coming, a Burley Nomad. Hopefully, that will work out for both street cruising with the dog and off-road with my LF gear. I'll tweak whatever does not work until I get something I can live with.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-1221 (1).jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	124.3 KB 
ID:	224974

The setup on its shakedown run with my 70L f-stop and tripod in the trailer with plenty of room for food and other supplies. See you out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FUELL

Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by nbagno View Post
    The setup on its shakedown run with my 70L f-stop and tripod in the trailer with plenty of room for food and other supplies. See you out there!

Tin Can

That's super cool. I have a similar bike, I need to get a trailer. I have used quite a bit for shopping etc. Need to get out with cameras.
    Mike

First real ride, a shakedown cruise up Mt Diablo with the large format gear in tow. My house to the top and back down with 38 % battery remaining. Max assist all the way up. Everything performed perfectly.

Last edited by nbagno; 27-Feb-2022 at 22:16.

First real ride, a shakedown cruse up Mt Diablo with the large format gear in tow. My house to the top and back down with 38 % battery remaining. Max assist all the way up. Everything performed perfectly.

Beautiful!!!

Aspiring LF photographer

Great thread! I have been thinking (thinking and not doing) too long about a bike to carry my LF gear around town (Tokyo). What I have been concerned about is shock and vibration when I inevitably hit some dislocation in the pavement. Do I want full suspension, or do I want to spring the load, in its connection to the bike? I've noticed that the suspension on cheap bikes seems almost worthless. On older cheap bikes it is often frozen. Good suspension components are expensive. One (unsprung) idea is to buy a used "mama-chari" (mama chariot) which are electric assist bikes made to carry one or two small children. They have low centers of gravity, are sturdy , and made to carry weight. Models are made by Yamaha, Panasonic, and many others so there is intense competition. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mama-chari-01.jpeg 
Views:	17 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	225122

Quote Originally Posted by tdicorcia View Post
    Great thread! I have been thinking (thinking and not doing) too long about a bike to carry my LF gear around town (Tokyo). What I have been concerned about is shock and vibration when I inevitably hit some dislocation in the pavement. Do I want full suspension, or do I want to spring the load, in its connection to the bike? I've noticed that the suspension on cheap bikes seems almost worthless. On older cheap bikes it is often frozen. Good suspension components are expensive. One (unsprung) idea is to buy a used "mama-chari" (mama chariot) which are electric assist bikes made to carry one or two small children. They have low centers of gravity, are sturdy , and made to carry weight. Models are made by Yamaha, Panasonic, and many others so there is intense competition. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mama-chari-01.jpeg 
Views:	17 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	225122
    This is the actual answer to reduced greenhouse emissions. Look at this 1 adult and 2 small children.
    The vibration thing is what concerns me, that and getting run over. We have some nice trails, I think I would be able to manage a Crown Graphic, tripod and some holders.

I’m thinking hanging the camera in a pannier might reduce some of the shock. Any thoughts?