Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebike?

Re: Ebike?

I have an adult e-trike and carry my 5x12 + accessories, or the 8x10 +.

With the 5x7, the camera bag can stay on the bike for road/trail side use. Still thinking about best ways for 8x10 or 11x14.
    Range -- 50 to 90 miles and me working hard.

I toss a cardboard box in one of the panniers when grocery shopping (keeps the eggs from breaking.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ScenicDrBike12_20.jpg   BikeLoad2.jpg   GalleryBike.jpg  
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

I got a Radwagon, too. I got the huge saddlebags and put extra padding in the bottom. Not enough experience yet to comment further.

The clips that hold the bags onto the RadWagon are plastic and break, so be careful. I replaced mine with metal pipe clamps.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    So good they are out of stock for months now...
    A lady I am wooing got her Rad bike right away and for free. I guess it helps to be the Aunt of the fellow who designed them...
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Thanks for the tip, I will not buy those bags

I will post my loading scheme soon

I also want to warn buyers off folding eBikes as I have a very nice DAHON non E folder but really don't like the hinge lock

I once had a Russian folder, like new, all steel, very heavy. The rims were factory warped, which made it a clown bike, and still rideable!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Greenberg Motamedi View Post
    The clips that hold the bags onto the RadWagon are plastic and break, so be careful. I replaced mine with metal pipe clamps.
    Tin Can

I have had the Rad Rover for several years now, I installed the large rear rack and a front rack. I have since switched my large rack to the front, which has worked out better. The range is great and I am able to haul plenty of gear. This was a trip about twenty miles round trip with 8x10.

What about one of those aippy-looking trailers I see in the expensive-bike bike stores?
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

Just factor in the weight of the trailer, a bit less ease of mobility, wider stance (no single track trails, and one is sticking into traffic). It would be nice to drop the trailer and be able to explore without the weight.

The single-wheel trailers offer more manuverbility.

Thanks for the responses, keep them coming. Between this and the youtube videos, I'm learning a lot.