Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rejuvenating Camera bellows .

Re: Rejuvenating Camera bellows .

Quote Originally Posted by neilt3 View Post
    I will certainly contact them .
    I'm suppressed that 10x8 bellows are only £99 , I thought they would have been much more .
    It would be handy to have some made as the front part of the bellows would benefit from being narrower as the currently rub against the metalwork to lock forward tilt .
    I'm quite sure that it must be a quote from 20 years ago - nowadays even the Chinese ask US 250 for a 10x8 bellows ....

My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Ron (Netherlands) View Post
    I'm quite sure that it must be a quote from 20 years ago - nowadays even the Chinese ask US 250 for a 10x8 bellows ....
    In post #3 , Neil Poulson wrote " They just gave me a quote of £99.00 for an 8x10 bellows " .

I assume when someone's says "just" they mean recently , not 20 years ago .

But having seen how much the cheap , Chines ones cost , that's why £99 surprised me .
    I will be getting a quote though .

In post #3 , Neil Poulson wrote " They just gave me a quote of £99.00 for an 8x10 bellows " .

I assume when someone's says "just" they mean recently , not 20 years ago .

But having seen how much the cheap , Chines ones cost , that's why £99 surprised me .
    I will be getting a quote though .
    What is in you opinion 'cheap' - and therefore what price did you see with the Chinese offers for 10x8?

My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Ron (Netherlands) View Post
    What is in you opinion 'cheap' - and therefore what price did you see with the Chinese offers for 10x8?
    The Chinese imports tend to be cheaper than goods made in your own country , thus "cheap" .
    Being in the U.K , I don't look at US $ prices , but a quick search has 10x8 bellows at £140 .
    That's less than $200 ; https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282637946...cAAOSwwCJdMip3

I haven't been searching recently , but I need good quality ones that will last . Buying the same thing twice isn't cheap .

£140 , free shipping , plus 20% VAT , plus a customs handling charge , would put them at around £180 .
    having read comments of that supplier on this forum , there might be quality control issues .

Custom Bellows in the U.K make top notch bellows , and I would expect them to be much dearer than the Chinese imports .
    Which is why I think at £99 , they are very cheap .
    Though I would need to see a quote from them to believe that figure .
    And I will most likely be getting one after I have a go at renovating the bellows I have .

The Chinese imports tend to be cheaper than goods made in your own country , thus "cheap" .
    Being in the U.K , I don't look at US $ prices , but a quick search has 10x8 bellows at £140 .
    That's less than $200 ; https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282637946...cAAOSwwCJdMip3

I haven't been searching recently , but I need good quality ones that will last . Buying the same thing twice isn't cheap .

£140 , free shipping , plus 20% VAT , plus a customs handling charge , would put them at around £180 .
    having read comments of that supplier on this forum , there might be quality control issues .

Custom Bellows in the U.K make top notch bellows , and I would expect them to be much dearer than the Chinese imports .
    Which is why I think at £99 , they are very cheap .
    Though I would need to see a quote from them to believe that figure .
    And I will most likely be getting one after I have a go at renovating the bellows I have .
    Since your in the UK indeed you wouldn't have to count import VAT and handling charges - in Continental Europe however it wouldn't make a difference whether the bellows would come from Britain or China with regard to import duties...

My Flickr