Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Rejuvenating Camera bellows .

  1. #11
    Ron (Netherlands)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    558

    Re: Rejuvenating Camera bellows .

    Quote Originally Posted by neilt3 View Post
    I will certainly contact them .
    I'm suppressed that 10x8 bellows are only 99 , I thought they would have been much more .
    It would be handy to have some made as the front part of the bellows would benefit from being narrower as the currently rub against the metalwork to lock forward tilt .
    I'm quite sure that it must be a quote from 20 years ago - nowadays even the Chinese ask US 250 for a 10x8 bellows ....
    __________________
    When day is done......

    My Flickr

  2. #12

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Manchester , England
    Posts
    39

    Re: Rejuvenating Camera bellows .

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron (Netherlands) View Post
    I'm quite sure that it must be a quote from 20 years ago - nowadays even the Chinese ask US 250 for a 10x8 bellows ....
    In post #3 , Neil Poulson wrote " They just gave me a quote of 99.00 for an 8x10 bellows " .

    I assume when someone's says "just" they mean recently , not 20 years ago .

    But having seen how much the cheap , Chines ones cost , that's why 99 surprised me .
    I will be getting a quote though .

  3. #13
    Ron (Netherlands)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    558

    Re: Rejuvenating Camera bellows .

    Quote Originally Posted by neilt3 View Post
    In post #3 , Neil Poulson wrote " They just gave me a quote of 99.00 for an 8x10 bellows " .

    I assume when someone's says "just" they mean recently , not 20 years ago .

    But having seen how much the cheap , Chines ones cost , that's why 99 surprised me .
    I will be getting a quote though .
    What is in you opinion 'cheap' - and therefore what price did you see with the Chinese offers for 10x8?
    __________________
    When day is done......

    My Flickr

  4. #14

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Manchester , England
    Posts
    39

    Re: Rejuvenating Camera bellows .

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron (Netherlands) View Post
    What is in you opinion 'cheap' - and therefore what price did you see with the Chinese offers for 10x8?
    The Chinese imports tend to be cheaper than goods made in your own country , thus "cheap" .
    Being in the U.K , I don't look at US $ prices , but a quick search has 10x8 bellows at 140 .
    That's less than $200 ; https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282637946...cAAOSwwCJdMip3

    I haven't been searching recently , but I need good quality ones that will last . Buying the same thing twice isn't cheap .

    140 , free shipping , plus 20% VAT , plus a customs handling charge , would put them at around 180 .
    having read comments of that supplier on this forum , there might be quality control issues .

    Custom Bellows in the U.K make top notch bellows , and I would expect them to be much dearer than the Chinese imports .
    Which is why I think at 99 , they are very cheap .
    Though I would need to see a quote from them to believe that figure .
    And I will most likely be getting one after I have a go at renovating the bellows I have .

  5. #15
    Ron (Netherlands)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    558

    Re: Rejuvenating Camera bellows .

    Quote Originally Posted by neilt3 View Post
    The Chinese imports tend to be cheaper than goods made in your own country , thus "cheap" .
    Being in the U.K , I don't look at US $ prices , but a quick search has 10x8 bellows at 140 .
    That's less than $200 ; https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282637946...cAAOSwwCJdMip3

    I haven't been searching recently , but I need good quality ones that will last . Buying the same thing twice isn't cheap .

    140 , free shipping , plus 20% VAT , plus a customs handling charge , would put them at around 180 .
    having read comments of that supplier on this forum , there might be quality control issues .

    Custom Bellows in the U.K make top notch bellows , and I would expect them to be much dearer than the Chinese imports .
    Which is why I think at 99 , they are very cheap .
    Though I would need to see a quote from them to believe that figure .
    And I will most likely be getting one after I have a go at renovating the bellows I have .
    Since your in the UK indeed you wouldn't have to count import VAT and handling charges - in Continental Europe however it wouldn't make a difference whether the bellows would come from Britain or China with regard to import duties...
    __________________
    When day is done......

    My Flickr

Similar Threads

  1. How are Camera Bellows UK bellows holding up over time???
    By LabRat in forum Cameras & Camera Accessories
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 13-Jun-2021, 06:10
  2. Enlarger bellows for camera bellows?
    By Jfnphotography in forum Cameras & Camera Accessories
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 18-Oct-2011, 15:00
  3. Rejuvenating old enlarger - Durst 138s Laborator
    By vizion in forum Darkroom: Film, Processing & Printing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25-May-2010, 07:10
  4. New Bellows by Mark K. Kapono of Replacement Camera Bellows
    By Rafael Garcia in forum Cameras & Camera Accessories
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 5-Mar-2007, 13:56

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •