Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will a Fujinon 150mm f/5.6 fold into a Crown Graphic?

Re: Will a Fujinon 150mm f/5.6 fold into a Crown Graphic?

a 135mm xenotar will fold up inside a crown graphic too, so any fuji 150 should be no issue, as mentioned. Another note: a 150 Xenotar will fold up inside a speed graphic, on a recessed board.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Kashi View Post
    Several months ago, I refurbished the rather similar Meridian 45B, which also uses a side-mount Kalart rangefinder. Originally, I planned to use one of my 150 mm Fujinon NW multicoated lenses on that Meridian.

However, if I recall correctly, the 150NW was close to, or just beyond, the published working focal length range of the Kalart RF and I was very unclear that the Fujinon 150 NW would reliably calibrate and sych with the RF. Same with the 6" AOC Dagor in an Acme 3 shutter that was my backup option. The Meridian would physically close with the Dagor, though I am not sure about the 150mm Fujinon NW.

My solution that would clearly work within the RF spec was to buy a first-generation single-coated 135mm Fujinon W. That folded nicely into the camera, synched to the Kalart RF, and turned out to have very good optical performance, comparable to the later EBC-coated 150MM NW.

These older 135mm Fujinon W lenses with the inside lettering are currently not very expensive and cover 5x7 with a bit to spare. They're a 6/4 Plasmat construction, while the later multicoated 150NW series is usually a 6/6 modified Plasmat. Both are more than good enough.
    I have had the same issue with the Hugo Meyer on my 45B. Lo and behold, it's all set up for a 210mm anyways, so I'll be moving to that as soon as I run out of other things to spend money on. For what it's worth, not only does the Schneider 150mm Convertible Symmar fold up neatly into the Meridian, my Fujinon-SWD 65/5.6 does as well, albeit just barely. The internal focusing rack is what drew me to this camera in the first place, as I occasionally handheld shoot HP5 at 1600 in bars/at events with an Olympus T32/bounce grip.

Well, the practical thing to do is to put a blank lensboard on camera, close camera and stick a ruler through lens hole and measure distance to closed bed...And note if anything from bed rail might contact outside shutter...

That's your baseline...

Steve K

Quote Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
    Well, the practical thing to do is to put a blank lensboard on camera, close camera and stick a ruler through lens hole and measure distance to closed bed...And note if anything from bed rail might contact outside shutter...

That's your baseline...

Steve K
    Yes indeed! Now that I have the camera in hand, I can proceed, but I have a hard time finding data on how big the Fujis are . . .

It's moot now because I've decided to buy a 90mm.